Rep. Clyde Introduces Legislation to Eliminate the Excise Tax on Firearms and Ammunition

Tons of publicly accessible information out there about PR fund allocations to critically think about.
Like i said, I’d like to see an audit. Feel free to share.

Point being that people are quick to react off emotion without thinking things through or seeing the accurate picture first.

And to reiterate, I am in full support of PR.

I’m just tired of mob mentality of people who don’t do critical thinking.

A who’s who list of people that are not serious about the elected office they hold and think representing the people means posting a one liner on social media attacking the other party.

Are these the dumbest of times? It sure feels like it.
That movie “Idocracy” came out in 2006, a humorous introspection of the early oughts kind of dumb. Man, I miss that sort of dumb.

Point being that people are quick to react off emotion without thinking things through or seeing the accurate picture first.

Simmer down, son. Before you question anyone else's critical thinking it would be best to spend 5 minutes on the Google looking for the information you need.

Simmer down, son. Before you question anyone else's critical thinking it would be best to spend 5 minutes on the Google looking for the information you need.
I’m actually keeping it level headed and adding thoughts to a public forum.

Ever think that other people have different perspectives on matters?

Also, your demeaning attitude of calling me “son” is not necessary and I could almost guarantee you wouldn’t say that to my face.

Show some respect to others.

Pretty complex search

Pretty complex search

Fantastic. That’s all I was ASKING for.

Never said I was against PR. Thought I had made that super clear.

Point being AGAIN how many people jump on the mob mentality without actually doing critical thinking and being quick to react.

Fantastic. That’s all I was ASKING for.

Never said I was against PR. Thought I had made that super clear.

Point being AGAIN how many people jump on the mob mentality without actually doing critical thinking and being quick to react.

You're surprised that members of a public lands hunting advocacy forum have a "mob mentality" against an attack on PR?

Half of us here have worked directly on PR projects. You'd be hard pressed to find a more informed group on Al Gore's internet...

Let me google this easily accessible information for you:

I’m thinking this invented as a fabricated problem. Come campaign time, certain legislators will then claim in public grievances that they tried to protect 2A rights from undue taxation. Does the tail wag the dog?

If these representatives were really so concerned about predatory taxes, why not work to place a statutory limit on what these items are taxed at? Seems like a blanket limit of 12-15% would take care of the issue in large part, seeing as most items are 11% right now, with handguns at 10%. PR and DJ acts should be viewed as examples of what "right" looks like, not used as grand stands by politicians to attack each other.

Email sent to Rosendale expressing the same.

Rosendale, Daines, Gianforte ... all buy into the 2020 stolen election fantasy ... all are Eastern dude transplant "ranchers." And you are surprised they are into this kind of brainless 2A political posturing? They are 100% posers. It's no secret. Look at their biographies.

I can't believe Rosendale just "handily" won the GOP party nomination for upcoming election. Wow! Is that party now such a hopeless cause in Montana that it can't wean itself from such goofy foreign trash? Looking at the long list of this boondoggle's supporters really scares the shit out of me. So MANY nutjobs in the House. And half the Senate is clearly also unhinged and living on the conspiracy theory planet. Can't believe the pundits are forecasting the Senate majority will go over the line to Dark Side after this election. We are living in unreal reality show times. Scary.

You folks in Montana know who to vote for in November. This brainless fiasco should have cleared up any doubt. I'll be there bird hunting again and sure to cast my ballot. Did I hear that loser Zinke is also running again? Wow! What a train wreck.

Equally as brilliant and in the other direction. They should start charging elected officials the administrative fees associated with drafting legislation that is a complete waste of time and does nothing more than provide them a radical platform to campaign from.
Not a bad idea. Might make for a lot of dusty keyboards in D.C. Flash in the pan to get attention nonsense seems to be the norm there these days.

A lot of people jumping on here ready to crucify people for challenging PR.

Let me be CLEAR that I support PR and conservation, but seeing as how many people are quick to react, let me ask you this…

How much money in the TAX is ACTUALLY going to conservation? I for one know that the government spending is absolutely insane and reckless. TONS of spending waste.

I’d like to see an audit to confirm actually how much is going to conservation.

That is critical thinking.

This is Hunttalk and there is always thread creep but my understanding of the bill is the claim to infringement on the 2nd amendment by adding tax. Nothing to do with how the $ is spent in and it actually proposes how the $ would get replaced with a different source instead.

I have written several e-mails to Greg, Steve and Matt. Enough of them that they are likely marked as spam by their staff. So I won't bother Rosedale concerning this. The bill isn't going anywhere.

Rosendale particularly earns my scorn. He has no interest in solving any problems. What he is interested in is having a platform to mouth off his ideology. It is telling how much air time he gets on conservative media. Face it, he is not a major player in the actual functioning of government. He is a loud mouth who can be counted on to go off on whatever subject the tv host offers.

He will be hard to dislodge from his seat. Eastern Montana tilts pretty red politically. He hasn't run a boat up Flathead Lake's shore or helped launder cloths from an aide in a fatal car crash, so I think he's our guy for a good long time. Hope I'm wrong, but I think he is around for a long time.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back