Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Remi warren new article in western hunter

wa_archer

Hopefully that link works might have to copy and paste. Remi Writes a very articulate and thoughtful discussion about the use of social media in how it regards hunting. I agree with his article and as hunters we should be calling out those who are trying to use social media to only better themselves and not what the Positive image of hunting should, is and can be.

Interesting timing on the article considering where he just signed.

Good Lord hunting celebrities are now like free agents it’s big news when they sign with a different team.

I like remi Warren...but I feel he partially wrote this to justify his own contributions to this issue and cover his ass.

I agree for the most part. I find myself somewhat guilty of posting my hunting stories and pictures on FB and Instagram. I think of it as the new "Photo Album" where I can share with my real friends and family. I say real because I don't have or care about "Facebook Friends" or "Followers" if I accept a friend request or follow someone or a group it is because I know them or support what they do.
I miss the days of visiting face to face and showing physical photos and telling the story, but that is no longer the norm.

Interesting timing on the article considering where he just signed.

Good Lord hunting celebrities are now like free agents it’s big news when they sign with a different team.
Why the cloak-and-dagger? Just tell us where he was and where he is now.

@COEngineer Can’t believe you don’t know there was a whole thread on it here. Just a little bit of sarcasm for you. He is now with first lite/meateater/Chernin group.

I know he’s first lite but is he still with Meateater? Not listed on there website and no longer host of a podcast for them. Not positive but sounded like on his own with first lite brand.

I know he’s first lite but is he still with Meateater? Not listed on there website and no longer host of a podcast for them. Not positive but sounded like on his own with first lite brand.
First lite and meateater are one in the same.

I think I prefer the first draft of this article - when Matt Rinella was the credited author.

Remi Warren as the author feels more like an article written by Jeff Bezos arguing that I shouldn't open a bookstore because they are no longer profitable.

I mean, I agree with the sentiment in a broad sense, but it’s always seems a little disingenuous when someone who makes their living off a thing tries to tell the rest of us how bad that thing is for the rest of us.

It’s very Jacques Cousteau of him.

Last edited:
So if I call bullshit on him trying to separate himself does that make me an anti hunting stooge?

For reference, here is a survey on public support for hunting:

AMERICANS' ATTITUDES Toward Hunting, Fishing, Sport Shooting and Trapping 2019

In general, hunting is well supported by the public. Trophy hunting... not so much. Most people have no issues with hunting deer or turkey but are less inclined to approve of wolf or cougar hunting.

I think the title "How Social Media Will End Hunting" is a little over the top, but there are probably some things we should think about when posting about our endeavors.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back