PEAX Equipment

New Res will be a negative impact on Big Game!!!

WYelker

I have been waiting to hear the Game and Fish response on the water project proposed in Sputhern Carbon County east of Baggs. I am very familiar with this location and was in contact stressing the amount of migration that occurs in this valley, not to mention the amount of both deer having fawns and elk having calves.

During a spring bear hunt last spring my son and I watched over 400 elk cross this valley and over 150 deer move across it in a 1/2 day. It was a never ending line of critters moving up….

Not one word from any agency about ungulate impacts. All about fisheries. I bet they didnt subtract the $$ generated from elk, bear, deer, etc hunting either.

Not one word from any agency about ungulate impacts. All about fisheries. I bet they didnt subtract the $$ generated from elk, bear, deer, etc hunting either.
Yep. This is a big old chunk of public money, for a handful of landowners. I have yet to see any public benefit at all from this project.

One interesting thing brought up is the damn would destroy one of only a few known Native cutthroat spawn migrations left in the state.

As I mention I have no doubt it will be a barrier and a massive disruption to both both migration corridor and also fawning and caving grounds…

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back