Redneck Huntin Wagon

wyoming556

Banned
Here is a spring project I have going. I'm converting a cab off an ambulance into my camper for this hunting season. I got so tired of packing and unpacking gear everytime I moved and keeping it all organized was tough. Last year I used a range tent and by the time I had my guns, bows, ice chests, tent, dog, etc... the truck was completely full. I'm hoping with all the storage on the ambulance I should be able to keep everything organized and easy to access when needed and not have to spend time packing and unpacking my stuff everytime I change spots.

I started by building a steel frame from square tubing and bolted that to the ambulance cab. I then mounted a 7,000 torsion ride axle with brakes. I used this 7,000 pound axle so the wheels/tires for my truck will match and will have plenty of capacity to handle some off road driving.

The ambulance cab is solid aluminum and is extremely tough. The unit has lots of storage. All of the hinges and latches are commercial duty. My Cabelas outfitter XL cot fits perfectly where the stretcher sat and with a few modifications I think I can make it work for hunting purposes.

I am still plannin on adding a aerodynamic front storage area, inverter, generator, rear bumper, etc.. The hardest part is going to be figring out the wiring so I can use all the lights.

I figured you might get a kick out of something so stupid only I would try doing it.

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 526
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 530
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 534
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 531
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 526
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 527
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 523
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 523
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 537
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 522
Nothing stupid about that. It looks like the ultimate personal hunting rig. I was having a tough time envisioning it. Now that I see the pictures, it looks like the cats meow. Keep the pictures coming.

Last edited:
Best get rid of the decals, your local law might not care, but you best not get caught pulling down the road in SD with that id on the side.

Best get rid of the decals, your local law might not care, but you best not get caught pulling down the road in SD with that id on the side.

Damm, I was going to leave it and go Cannonball run style from hunting spot to hunting spot in a hurry.

Propably a good idea. It's amazing what you can get away with in Oklahoma. They don't even tag trailers unless they are commercial. While most states are instituting emissions checks on cars oklahoma quit doing vehicle inspections all together. It's amazing the uninsured POS cars there are driving around here that would never pass inspection in other states.

I agree with the idea of getting the lights to run for you....could get to your hunting spots in a hurry.

That's a cool project and I'm always jealous of you guys that have the ability to do such things.

Here are some updated pics of the wagon. Just working on the front storage area right now. This is where the propane, coolers, etc will be stored. So far so good, it pulls really easy and the brakes are really nice so the trailer doesn't push the truck when stopping.

Attachments

• 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 271
  • 18.JPG
    18.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 269
  • 19.JPG
    19.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 271
  • 17.JPG
    17.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 271
oH He&& nO ! Where is the Beer Keg ? No bumper stickers ? And, Dude .....Tailer hitch commode !

Some SEIROUS designs flaws !

Is the tongue of the trailer long enough to turn with that storage part on it? Looks like you are gonna crush the end of your truck when you turn to sharp.

Gunner,

It's not done yet. Still time to make adjustments. What's a trailer hitch commode?

I was thinking of just cutting a hole in the floor of the storage area for a bathroom. I figured if somebody said something about the pile of $h!t under the trailer I'd just blame it on my dog. LOL.

Dink,
Thanks for looking out for me. I matched the hitch dimensions of my other trailer so unless I screwed something up it should be good. I'll propably go remeasure now that you said something.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisb970
Back