Rangefinder input

golfer

Currently have a vortex ranger 1300. Seems to work for most any situation except in stubble fields. The last two falls I cannot get the thing to range past 300 in a stubble field. I know that weather (snow) can affect the readings too but struggled with it in the snowy conditions on Saturday. What’s everyone using and thoughts on better items? I want a rangefinder that can give distances in a stubble field, in the elements and have angle compensation in it. Thanks.

When the battery in my gets low, my yardage goes to shit. Still works, but takes longer.

don't know that model but maybe send it back to Vortex.

Been using Sig Kilo 2200 for about 3 years and it'll range just about anything out to 1K if I can hold steady

I have used the same Leica for 15 years. I plan on buying a new rangefinder next year. Even though this one still works good And I will give this one to one of my cousins if they want it. I will probably replace this one with another Leica. After 15 years the rubberized case is starting to deteriorate just bit. Cant say I ever had any trouble or questioned the info I got from it all these years

don't know that model but maybe send it back to Vortex.

Been using Sig Kilo 2200 for about 3 years and it'll range just about anything out to 1K if I can hold steady
I have a Sig as well although I am not sure which. Works great. It is not a BDX. I have ranged out to 900 though. Steadiness is definitely a tricky one.

For value it seems the Sig's are hard to beat. Leica lasers have always impressed me and I will likely replace my current Leica with another one when the time comes.

I have the cheaper shorter range sig and really like it for the money. I do wish I would have gone with the 2200 though.

I’ll have to go look at the Leica and Sig. honestly after thinking about it I’m not sure why it never crossed my mind before, but Leica should be at the top of my list. Reason being not many other optics companies produce surveying equipment that is completely dependent on accurately measuring of distance...

Bought a Sig at the recommendation of someone here to replace a Nikon that was not accurate over 250 yards. Very pleased with the quality and the accuracy, refresh rate takes some getting used to since if you wiggle the spot the it will refresh to the new focus point instantly.

I've owned a Sig Kilo 2000 for about 3 years and I'm really impressed. I use it for hunting and long range shooting all the time. Never had an issue with it

I bought an Amazon special several years ago. SA Sports Dragoneyez 1500.
It doesn't do the angular (up hill/down hill) correction that many do now, but it's handled by my ballistic calculator so i don't need it.
Regularly range deer 400-800 yards. Once when skylighted range deer to 1,190 yards.
Have ranged my truck to 1,400 yards.
Was cheap at $259 vs some of the other 1,500 yard rangefinders, but has worked well for me.

Except for some of the old Russian rangefinders, snow messes with all of them. The old Russian rangefinders can be harmful to the eyes of something/someone being ranged.

I have a Sig as well although I am not sure which. Works great. It is not a BDX. I have ranged out to 900 though. Steadiness is definitely a tricky one.

I picked up the Sig when on sale a few months ago. Turns out I got the BDX one, but I didn't know it at the time. It's a lot of bells and whistles stuff I don't know anything about. Stuff I can't use and don't know how. I just use the range finder part. Kind of a waste...

I have a older leica 1000 that works great, haven’t tried it when it’s snowing. Looking to upgrade and I think I’m going to go with the vortex razor hd 4000 this time. I like something with a warranty.

My Sig 2000 would not read past 6-700 yards on it's best day. I now use a Leica 2400. No complaints.

I have an older Leica that I really like a lot. At the time I bought it, 15+ years ago, it was IMO top of the class. It doesn't do any angle compensation, I'm not sure if the newer ones do or not. As technology has progressed, my only complaint about it is that it's bulky in terms of size and is held horizontally and not vertically as newer models are(makes 1 handed operation difficult). I have also heard really good things about SIG, but I wouldn't hesitate to go with a Leica again. I'm a big Leupold guy, but with the 1yr warranty on rangefinders they are about the only optic that I would not consider from Leupold. Heard too many stories of Leupolds breaking after a few years and getting a free replacement is not the norm.

I have a Sig 2400. Works great unless there’s snow on the ground. You can’t see any of the red numbers on the display.

I picked up the Sig when on sale a few months ago. Turns out I got the BDX one, but I didn't know it at the time. It's a lot of bells and whistles stuff I don't know anything about. Stuff I can't use and don't know how. I just use the range finder part. Kind of a waste...
I thought it was too many bells and whistles for me as well. I was between it and the Leupold. I loved how the sig is just point and shoot and hold it in for dynamic ranging.

Back