PEAX Equipment

Leica 2400R vs Competitors

MTLabrador

Since my Sig crapped out on me I am in the market for a new rangefinder. Does anyone have experience with the new Leica 2400R compared to other high end rangefinders? My only concerns with the Leica are the lack of warranty service (which I’m not excited about but I can live with) and the reports that it takes several seconds after ranging an object to get the angle compensated range (which could be a deal breaker for archery use).

I am also interested in the Leupold RX2800 and although I am not a Vortex fan, the Vortex Razor 4000 gets some pretty stellar reviews. We’re all tired of Vortex beating the warranty drum, but the Razor seems like a very nice rangefinder and as far as I know they are the only company that actually offers a lifetime warranty on electronics.

I would appreciate any input you may have.

I’ve got the 2700-b and it’s the nicest rangefinder I’ve found. I haven’t seen the slow response you mentioned either.

I think Leica’s warranty service is great if you’re the original purchaser. They struggle with service to second hand buyers, although I’ve heard from reps that has changed as well.

I’ve got the 2700-b and it’s the nicest rangefinder I’ve found. I haven’t seen the slow response you mentioned either.

I think Leica’s warranty service is great if you’re the original purchaser. They struggle with service to second hand buyers, although I’ve heard from reps that has changed as well.
Thanks for the input, and that’s good to hear about their warranty service. The 2700-b looks phenomenal.

After a little more research it does look like the new Leicas will scan in angle compensated mode without a delay, which was my main concern.

No comment on the 2400, but I’ve had a 1600b for a long time. The way I use it I don’t really use the b features at all. I plan to replace mine with the 2400r in the next year or two. EuroOptic has had demos for a decent savings at times. @Schaaf do you use the drop info on the b? If so seems like it would be handy.

I’ve just always used drop data on a card w each rifle and used the laser for ballistic distance.

No comment on the 2400, but I’ve had a 1600b for a long time. The way I use it I don’t really use the b features at all. I plan to replace mine with the 2400r in the next year or two. EuroOptic has had demos for a decent savings at times. @Schaaf do you use the drop info on the b? If so seems like it would be handy.
The 2700 has the option for adding the Sd card with a custom ballistic curve you make but the preset #3 curve matches my 7mm 168 gr VLD perfectly out to 600 so I don’t use the custom dope very often. The interface for loading it is clunky but it does work- just haven’t needed it.

I have a Leica 2400 and like it a lot. Good glass, and quick readings. It does have a small delay between the initial reading and the angle-compensated one. It probably takes about an extra second to do the calculation.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back