Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Another Bino thread

The only bino comparison I've had for binos in my life is a pair of flea market "swift focus" 8x40s. Just got the Maven Demos. Quite the difference. I'll likely need a tripod w these though for extended glassing. Looking forward to comparing side by side w previously mentioned.

The only bino comparison I've had for binos in my life is a pair of flea market "swift focus" 8x40s. Just got the Maven Demos. Quite the difference. I'll likely need a tripod w these though for extended glassing. Looking forward to comparing side by side w previously mentioned.
I told you to try the 9’s for that reason lol

Put on a hat and use the bill to help steady the binos. A tripod is awesome but you won’t have one all the time

I have an older pair of Meopta (Cabela’s Euro) HD. They, like every Meopta product I’ve ever looked through, are better than anything at the same price point. This might get me kicked off the forum, but every Meopta product I’ve looked through side by side embarrasses an equally (or more expensive) Leupold product.

That being said, my buddy has Swarovski ELs and they embarrass any and everything we’ve compared them against.

Lastly, I agree with what everyone has said, binos are arguably your most important piece of gear. I bought a $600 rifle so I could afford $1000 binos. And to be frank I’m saving to get $2000 binos (Swaro).

Until you’ve experienced it, it is hard to explain to an eastern hunter how much you will use your binos out west.
Meopta make some good stuff. My mates Meopta scope is a grand cheaper than my Swaro Z6s and I really cant tell the difference. Another thing, why don't hunters use Image Stabilized binos ? Be good to leave the tripod at home.

Meopta make some good stuff. My mates Meopta scope is a grand cheaper than my Swaro Z6s and I really cant tell the difference. Another thing, why don't hunters use Image Stabilized binos ? Be good to leave the tripod at home.
I think the image stabilization is catching on with the new Sigs. Similar to rangefinding binos, a lot of people don’t like that you normally make a sacrifice in glass to add the electronics.

Tried out the Mavens. Brought them to the local sporting goods store to compare with a Zeiss Conquest HD 10x42 & Meopta Meopro Air 10x42.

Maven was solid. Great image. Bit bigger bino than I'd like to haul around.

Meopro Air was also compared to a lesser Meopta. The image was basically the same as the lesser, but the fit and finish on the Meopro Air was much better.

Zeiss Conquest HD. Image was no worse than the Maven. It was a 10x not the Maven 11x....but overall the image was likely best all things being as equal as possible. Fit & finish was least of all three. Yes, eyecups are lackluster.

Also....
Zeiss were on sale for $749. New.

If the Zeiss had the fit & finish of the Meopro Air then you'd have a heck of a bino. Or maybe you'd just have a Swaro SLC?

Brought home the Zeiss.

Last edited:
Forgot to mention, i also looked through some Zeiss Victory. Very impressive. But i didnt see 3.87 times better for the cost. So ultimately, expect to see some Zeiss Conquest 10x42s for sale on this forum in a couple years. 🤔

Forgot to mention, i also looked through some Zeiss Victory. Very impressive. But i didnt see 3.87 times better for the cost. So ultimately, expect to see some Zeiss Conquest 10x42s for sale on this forum in a couple years. 🤔
On the plus side you’ll still be able to get decent money for the conquests!

Swaro ELs. Love my 8.5s. Best money I’ve spent on hunting equipment.

Only binos I’ve seen equal to Swaro is Leica. I didn’t like Leica’s warranty compared to Swaro. My ELs are currently at Swaro getting refurbished after 16 years for free. I paid for new lense glass for $250. They’ll be new quality binos again when I get them back.
I bought mine in 2004/5. Never needed to spend another buck on binos. Im in Alabama right now using them. At 61 years old I might update but these old swaros have been very inexpensive per year for great glass.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiskyRichard
Back