Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Another entry level alpha bino ?

WOW!
Just got my new used(when?) Zeiss Victory HT 10x42 binos. Look new to me,no scratches.
Like night & day from my old bino's. Similar feel/ergonomics & weight. But I can feel the quality.

Could see tree's on the ridge of a peak 10 miles away just now. My corner braces are right there with fence posts easlily seen.
The storm blowing thru gave the area a post card look with clouds, snow & sunlight.
Give them the sunset trial tonight. The big daybreak test manana.

WOW!
Just got my new used(when?) Zeiss Victory HT 10x42 binos. Look new to me,no scratches.
Like night & day from my old bino's. Similar feel/ergonomics & weight. But I can feel the quality.

Could see tree's on the ridge of a peak 10 miles away just now. My corner braces are right there with fence posts easlily seen.
The storm blowing thru gave the area a post card look with clouds, snow & sunlight.
Give them the sunset trial tonight. The big daybreak test manana.
I've always wanted to but have never looked through the HT's. Congrats on the upgrade!

I get that "pop" from my Maven B2 9x45 bino. Have heard that the B1 bino from Maven is very similar, but I haven't tried them enough to say. I definitely get it with the B2.

I think a Zeiss HT would be an awesome choice. Nice grab!

Last edited:
What is the saying? Night & Day.
Last night looking into sunset storm sky above a cloud shrouded blacked out mesa I could see elk drifting out of the trees. Cows. 2 mi away.
I could see in the moonlight, before I could see in the dawn,in color. The moon was insane.
Picked out a herd of antelope 4 mi away easily. A couple coyotes next door looked like I was with them.

Pretty pleased with the binos. Can not find a mark on them either. Immaculate.
Instant focus with little effort. Adjusting dial that can easily be used with gloves. Barely had to move the dioptic ring. Neither is loose or sloppy.
Quality tool. Fits my new med. Marsupial bino pack nicely.
Same size as my 10x50's, twice the view. Clear edge to edge. No shadows or ghosts. No edge distortion. Full color range. Excellent eye relief. No bounce.
I have a tripod base they fit on.
Trip tomorrow into the Gila firewood collecting & tripod glassing.

Congrats OP. HT's are great glass. I chose 10x42 HTs over the SLCs, but ended up dumping all the 10x binos I had in favor of 12x. I really felt the HTs were a stellar set of binos and getting a pair on the used market can be a very underrated deal. Enjoy!

Considering I looked at like NIB and they were in $1800-2800+ range,I'm real lucky.
Glad I missed the $1200 with a few marks. They looked well used.

If you’re going to include Zeiss, then you need to include the others that I named.
I don’t own Zeiss. You can remove it if you want. I my many field testing of most of the optic companies mentioned, Swaro and Leica are interchangeable, Zeiss is a distant third and Nikon is a longer fourth.

I don’t own Zeiss. You can remove it if you want. I my many field testing of most of the optic companies mentioned, Swaro and Leica are interchangeable, Zeiss is a distant third and Nikon is a longer fourth.
There’s no doubt in my mind, that no company can claim to sell glass that is BETTER than Swaro.

There is also no doubt in my mind that the companies that I named offer some products that are equal to or better than many products offered by Zeiss.

I think the two of us agree.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crookhunt
Back