Randy's Branding Video

Dancerpro

The last video I saw of Randy's, he was discussing the many aspects of his brand, how they came into being and what the current thought of consolidation was.

I know that your brand is your brand, but from what I saw, Randy is spread thinner than the last spoon of peanut butter on a sandwich. I'd hate to see him stop all together, but the way he's going he's bound to get burnt out. Because I learn so much from him, I'd hate to see that happen, burn out leads to walk out most of the time.

I would like to see him consolidate down to video and forum, one of each and make it easier for him to deal with his brand. That way he can shoot 1 video under 1 name and post it across multiple platforms giving him a way to slow down and improve his quality of life. The forum is basically run by the people using it, so the only change may simply be a name change there. I saw 1 post asking if Randy was sick. That may well be and if he's not he's being run ragged, just as all of us, may just have a larger load than an aging man needs on his shoulders.

I really enjoy all that he does and would miss him if health issues or burn out were to cause him to have to stop. That said he deserves a life outside of his "duty to us". I hope he is able to slow down so he can continue the life he appears to love.

The forum is basically run by the people using it, so the only change may simply be a name change there.

Huh, You don’t see Randy’s fingerprints all over this Forum?
If it was truly just run by the people using it it would be a continuous brush fire. I don’t know where he gets his patience or tolerance but he should be commended (or committed).

Huh, You don’t see Randy’s fingerprints all over this Forum?
If it was truly just run by the people using it it would be a continuous brush fire. I don’t know where he gets his patience or tolerance but he should be commended (or committed).
Yes, I do see him all over it and that's why I said basically. He's got some really good moderators as well, so that really helps him.

Some self appointed moderators at times. I think things work pretty good here. mtmuley
What he said !
And Im the one that posted is he sick ( it was a joke) the title of his videos was the end of Randy Newberg hunter

What he said !
And Im the one that posted is he sick ( it was a joke) the title of his videos was the end of Randy Newberg hunter
In that video, I thought, he looked tired and drawn a bit, it sounded like he was at a junction and trying to figure out how he could continue. I did not mention the podcasts he does, but my whole point is to consolidate everything down to a manageable level and ease the stress on his shoulders. I am greatfull of his efforts and will continue to watch, listen and learn no matter what he decided. If he were to decide to stop, there's years of information out there to learn from and enjoy, I'm on my third or fourth go round of his Prime videos alone and I learn something new each time I watch a video.

We all took a survey a while back on the subject of him consolidating everything to one platform. So you may see some of the changes you're talking about sometime

What he said !
Randy has mentioned liver treatment so he must be having health issues of some sort.

Appreciate the comments here. Nice for so many to follow along and give input. An array of comments here, so I'll try to answer some of them.

Sometimes I share stuff here on Hunt Talk that I don't bother the rest of the audience with. This will be one of those instances.

Yeah, I have a bum liver. For the medical professionals on the forum, I don't have a Portal Vein. Been dealing with it since 2005. Most days I can manage it. Somedays, some times for a week or two, my liver decides it's gonna go its own route no matter what I do or what my meds do.

There are occasional comments on videos that I look drunk or tired. Those are bad liver days. If you can imagine your worst hangover, kind of like drinking all night and then being woke up for a day of hard labor with only three hours of sleep, that is what I feel like on bad days/weeks, due to huge toxin loads. Only about 25% of my blood gets filtered by my liver, so I am usually running with very high toxin levels even on "good" days. So yeah, on bad days I might look drunk or tired. Just part of the gig I deal with. If that is the worst complication of my life, it's gonna be a hell of a good life.

Most know I had a month-long COVID bout that had me bed-ridden for most of December. My liver condition did not respond well to that event and likely bears some influence on how rough that COVID event was for me. I am thankful for how many of you checked in on me during that time and over the last few months.

Some of the COVID symptoms have not went away. I was at the Mayo Clinic in early April for my bi-annual liver check ups. Most times it goes well and they have me out of there in two or three days. This time, they made me hang around and come back the following week for additional tests. Seems COVID has added some more complications to an already complicated situation. Add that to the Mycarditis symptoms COVID has caused to my heart, and I've not been cleared for physical activity until last week.

Expect to see more of the crew this spring and less of me. I'm working on getting back into some semblance of conditioning such that I can hike the hills this fall. I tried some exertion last week. Suffice to say, I've got a long ways to go. My heart and lungs have not responded like I hoped, but I am sure if I go at it slower I will get to where I need to be by August. I cancelled next week's bear hunt and the crew will be doing that in my stead.

As for the video that seems to be the genesis of the original post, the video was about taking all of our platforms and finding a way to get them under one brand. We have plans for more platforms, not less, so it makes sense to get this umbrella brand idea solved before we add any more platforms.

Given I have worked as a CPA for 33 years to be in the position to do something I love without much concern for the financial outcome, odds are I won't be scaling back anytime soon. I just need to find the solution that allows us to go forward with more structure to our existing brands and a good place for the additional platforms we have on our whiteboard.

Appreciate all of you who follow along and support what we do.

Appreciate the comments here. Nice for so many to follow along and give input. An array of comments here, so I'll try to answer some of them.

Sometimes I share stuff here on Hunt Talk that I don't bother the rest of the audience with. This will be one of those instances.

Yeah, I have a bum liver. For the medical professionals on the forum, I don't have a Portal Vein. Been dealing with it since 2005. Most days I can manage it. Somedays, some times for a week or two, my liver decides it's gonna go its own route no matter what I do or what my meds do.

There are occasional comments on videos that I look drunk or tired. Those are bad liver days. If you can imagine your worst hangover, kind of like drinking all night and then being woke up for a day of hard labor with only three hours of sleep, that is what I feel like on bad days/weeks, due to huge toxin loads. Only about 25% of my blood gets filtered by my liver, so I am usually running with very high toxin levels. So yeah, on bad days I might look drunk or tired. Just part of the gig I deal with. If that is the worst complication of my life, it's gonna be a hell of a good life.

Most know I had a month-long COVID bout that had me bed-ridden for most of December. My liver condition did not respond well to that event and likely bears some influence on how rough that COVID event was for me. I am thankful for how many of you checked in on me during that time and over the last few months.

Some of the COVID symptoms have not went away. I was at the Mayo Clinic in early April for my bi-annual liver check ups. Most times it goes well and they have me out of there in two or three days. This time, they made me hang around and come back the following week for additional tests. Seems COVID has added some more complications to an already complicated situation. Add that to the Mycarditis symptoms COVID has caused to my heart, and I've not been cleared for physical activity until last week.

Expect to see more of the crew this spring and less of me. I'm working on getting back into some semblance of conditioning such that I can hike the hills this fall. I tried some exertion last week. Suffice to say, I've got a long ways to go. My heart and lungs have not responded like I hoped, but I am sure if I go at it slower I will get to where I need to be by August. I cancelled next week's bear hunt and the crew will be doing that in my stead.

As for the video that seems to be the genesis of the original post, the video was about taking all of our platforms and finding a way to get them under one brand. We have plans for more platforms, not less, so it makes sense to get this umbrella brand idea solved before we add any more platforms.

Given I have worked as a CPA for 33 years to be in the position to do something I love without much concern for the financial outcome, odds are I won't be scaling back anytime soon. I just need to find the solution that allows us to go forward with more structure to our existing brands and a good place for the additional platforms we have on our whiteboard.

Thank you for all that you do and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Oh my ! Yes keep yourself occupied but pace yourself. I am 83 with a few issues but keep busy as best I can . Will keep good thoughts and my dogs close!

@Big Fin, I appreciate the self disclosure. Doubt that was easy to post! First thing is to get and stay as healthy as possible. Everyone here worth mentioning knows this and will adjust expectations and probably behavior if you need a step back/time away. My sense of your 'brand' is like an iceberg, the video and high profile image are visible above the water to anyone who looks in your direction. The more substantial aspects and qualities are beneath the surface, not apparent unless people get closer. Those spending time here, for instance, recognize your passion for public lands and DIY adventure, your personal connections w those in your orbit, the extent of your advocacy on state and national issues. We recognize your passion for the land, the animals, the institution of fair chase, ethics, access and opportunity. We've seen you glad and mad. All those qualities are what keep the tip of the Newberg iceberg visible above the surface. If you decide to turn some knobs up and others down, we understand. If you need more or different things from us, reach out. We owe you so much, some would be honored to reciprocate. Feel better🤒

There are occasional comments on videos that I look drunk or tired. Those are bad liver days. If you can imagine your worst hangover, kind of like drinking all night and then being woke up for a day of hard labor with only three hours of sleep, that is what I feel like on bad days/weeks, due to huge toxin loads. Only about 25% of my blood gets filtered by my liver, so I am usually running with very high toxin levels even on "good" days. So yeah, on bad days I might look drunk or tired. Just part of the gig I deal with. If that is the worst complication of my life, it's gonna be a hell of a good life.

You take all the time you need Randy, all of us love what you do and more importantly we love the reasons that you do it. You have a lot of folks on your side that keep you in their thoughts and in many cases their prayers. Take care of yourself and we will all be waiting for you to return at full throttle.

50-100 year from now a quote will stick with the best of them... ;)

"Hunt when you can. You're gonna run outta health before you run outta money."

Thanks for all you and your team does for the benefit of our outdoor passions.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back