Caribou Gear

R U in for the leftover draw?

Yup, drew my late season PLO cow tag B List In the regular draw. Now I’m going to draw a 41,421 archery tag…I hope. If not I’ll archery hunt with the masses OTC.

Edited: Drew the archery tag

Last edited:
Put one son in for a muzzleloader elk tag that he should have some chance of drawing. Put the other in for a 4th season buck tag that will have very long odds. And now we wait....

QQ

Boy has a 3rd season buck tag in a half decent unit from the primary draw. Now he has a cow tag to go with it. It should be a fun week assuming he can keep grades high enough to earn a week out of school. I didn't put in. I'll grab an otc on the off chance we see a raghorn in there. Unlikely, but you never know. It'll be fun.

My wife drew Archery bull tag today in our unit that we both have Archery deer tags for and I had an Archery cow tag..

She was unsuccessful in Primary elk draw in same unit..

I got lucky, a bad but season extending east whitetail doe c tag, and a 4th season cow tag. Glad I ended up putting in

Hit on my two secondary apps - late rifle whitetail doe and muzzleloader pronghorn buck (to go with my muzzy pronghorn doe tag in the same unit). Didn't even try for elk, now have two pronghorn and two deer tags, even though elk are my greater obsession. Still hoping to be able to avoid OTC rifle...

“R U in for the leftover draw?”​

No. Not even worth considering given the current dad……I mean kid entitlement system. Don’t we already have enough welfare tags? I have had more than my share of quality hunts over the years, but I know many tagless senior sportsmen that deserve better. Kids should cut their teeth in general units, and wait like everyone else if they want a premium area. Also, there needs to be consequences to returning. Even a blind man could see that.

Last edited:
No. I'm not saying I don't want to advocate for youth, but could we have a Adult/Youth Split? 65% Adult/ 35% youth. Just like the under 5 points non-rez tags? I'm down for that change, plus CPW would get a ton more apps.

Surprising to me that even the archery tags are starting to get scooped up by the youths. Didn't realize so many hunted with bows.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back