Quantity over quality

Ben, I am with our Harley deprived Texan on that Mortimer. A couple of full length shots of it would warm by soul on this frosty morning. Too bad you couldn't have turned that moose into roasts and steak with it! This missing thing seems to be taking a bunch of Montanans by surprise this year up in my area too. I blame it on the .22 ammo shortage. Keeps everybody from their usual off-season practice.

Bring Mortimer, come see me. twodot

Sounds like a great time and some real nice shots, Ben. The pics, not the misses. Those errant shots are probably just your mind's way of saving your A tag for a toad of a buck. :eek:

Was supposed to head out today for a hunt close to home but had work get in the way. Don't these people know it's hunting season?

Twodot - Let's hatch a plan for a little trip out your way next year. I'll bring Mortimer and a couple other toys. How about a cow/deer hunt? Maybe we can even talk Ken in to coming up and paying our extortion rates for cow elk. :)

A fantastic hunt again Ben. Sure enjoyed sharing the blind with you. It was even better getting to bust your chops on wiffing that big buck. My classic rifle also enjoyed the workout. My buck wasn't the biggest I have ever killed, but how often can you sneak up on a Whitetail buck in his bed at 15 yards and take him between the eyes with a 1957 built Savage 99 in .300 Savage? I just had to do it. Thanks again Ben. Hoping to join you guys again next year.

Attachments

• WT Buck.JPG
    WT Buck.JPG
    209.7 KB · Views: 329
  • WT Buck2.JPG
    WT Buck2.JPG
    206.3 KB · Views: 326
  • Truck of WT.JPG
    Truck of WT.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 311
Last edited:
A fantastic hunt again Ben. Sure enjoyed sharing the blind with you. It was even better getting to bust your chops on wiffing that big buck. My classic rifle also enjoyed the workout. My buck wasn't the biggest I have ever killed, but how often can you sneak up on a Whitetail buck in his bed at 15 yards and take him between the eyes with a 1957 built Savage 99 in .300 Savage? I just had to do it. Thanks again Ben. Hoping to join you guys again next year.
Those pics look like a lot of fun and alot of work! I could dig that! Well done.

Now that looks like fun! Those deer are stacked in the truck like a cord of wood. Those animals will provide some mighty fine table fare over the next year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back