Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Pure Hunting

Has anybody else seen this new show on Sportsman's Channel? Seems to be along the same lines as OYOA, a Colorado guy who does fair chase, public land hunting. Out of the few shows I have seen, the host has logged a bunch of miles and has gotten shut out a few times.

Saw commercials for it. Looks interesting. Between OYOA, Meateate and maybe this show, maybe the tide is turing against the $5000 "outfitter" guided hunts for a freakin' whitetail.

Emrah

pure hunting appears to be similar to oyoa and is a pretty good show so far,,,but fin is the oyoa leader of this style of show and#1 in my ratings.

As the industry realizes that the status quo of hunting shows isn't going to fly you are going to see more and more of these popping up .I was told by someone that heard from the Outdoor Channel saying that the days of the Ken's and Barbies hunting shows are numbered. It's just getting old.

This is a good show. I watched the first one (Alaska black bear) and have the next one set up to record tonight. The last Meat Eater was excellent too (Alaska mountain goat). It is good to see some other shows following the OYOA model.

As the industry realizes that the status quo of hunting shows isn't going to fly you are going to see more and more of these popping up .I was told by someone that heard from the Outdoor Channel saying that the days of the Ken's and Barbies hunting shows are numbered. It's just getting old.

I hope you heard right but I still gotta think the ken/barbie, baseball players, country music stars, etc.. will be popular among mainstream america. America loves to wach famous people do just about anyting it seems, everything from watching famous people dance with eachother (dancing with stars), watching famous people judge other people who want to be famous(American idol, americas got talent, etc..) to watching famous people hunt (nugent,miranda lambert, blake shelton, rascal flats, chipper jones, etc..)

Hopefully the niche for the real hunting shows without all the reality/tv star crap will grow to more than just a handful of programs that are worth watching for the rest of us.

I like it. A good alternative to the other programs out there. There are so many that are almost the same it isnt worth mentioning. OYOA and Pure hunting seem like more of my style of programming.

huntbux,
Are you saying that Steve Rinelli is promoting HF hunting?

Just saying, I dont think you would find a post such as that one anywhere on Fin's site. However, to find it on another big name TV shows site is not out of the norm. I just dont support hunting like that of any kind. To find that post on Meat Eaters site makes me stay away from his show.

I'm officially confused.

The conversation started about new TV shows. I placed a link above about an add I saw on Meat Eaters web site.
Just an opinion I have, I apologize if I have created confusion for you.
I hope this post causes the same amount. LOL

"We as hunters need to regard canned hunts as what they truly are–shooting domestic animals. The practice has nothing to do with the true culture and discipline of hunting. It’s a sham." –Steven Rinella

He wasnt endorsing or advertising HF hunting, is that how you were taking it huntbux? Not sure why criticizing HF hunting would make you turn away from his show.

I read that on the meat eater site before you started that thread and he is saying how opposed he is to that ad and high fence hunting. I think you need to read it again. Read what he wrote, not the ad itself.

These are his comments on the ad:

"Hunter and conservationist, David Petersen, sent this advertisement along to me, and it speaks to the pure depravity of canned hunts. Notice that the advertiser is looking for “someone to kill this bull right away,” rather than hunt it. The use of OBO smacks of someone trying to pass off a used car rather than a member of an ordinarily majestic species that demands the respect of anyone tough enough to hunt them on their own native turf. We as hunters need to regard canned hunts as what they truly are–shooting domestic animals. The practice has nothing to do with the true culture and discipline of hunting. It’s a sham. –Steven Rinella"

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idelkhntr13
Back