Prove me wrong Theoretical 30-06

If all I had to hunt with was a 30.06 then I’d be fine with that. It just kills stuff dead.

If more guys quit the .300mag and use something with less kick they might actually stop flinching and kill what they're aiming at instead of just wounding it...of course, it's hard to justify having Truck Nutz and Bone Collector stickers if you're not shooting a magnum...
Or a Creedmore.

😉

Well, a 30-06 is all I have so my success rate would be exactly the same. I would imagine that the idiots who take ridiculous shots now would still take ridiculous shots with a less powerful cartridge.

If we were going to limit them to one cartridge I am fine with that, but how about we make it so that scopes can't have turrets that can be dialed to a yardage or hold over reticles, and a max power of 14. You know so they actually have to hunt them instead of shoot and wound shit from more than 500 yards plus.
That’s funny because when I was a kid I saw plenty of ill advised shots at game among family, older friends, and hunting camp mates, shots near and far. No rangefinders, no turrets or hashed reticles, and 7mags, 06’s, 300’s and other chamberings that were plenty capable. In my experience it’s a self control and expertise issue, not a scope issue. Maybe my experience was an anomaly.

That’s funny because when I was a kid I saw plenty of ill advised shots at game among family, older friends, and hunting camp mates, shots near and far. No rangefinders, no turrets or hashed reticles, and 7mags, 06’s, 300’s and other chamberings that were plenty capable. In my experience it’s a self control and expertise issue, not a scope issue. Maybe my experience was an anomaly.
I agree its a self control deal, but I think the thought of well I can dial to 895 yards cause I have this handy app or turret cut with yardages out to 1000. I'd guess the majority will break the trigger if the opportunity presents itself so they can have the likes on their preferred social media platform. There seems to be alot of shooting anymore out in the feild, I just don't know that I'd classify it as hunting if your not getting closer than those extended yardages. Just my two cents.

I agree its a self control deal, but I think the thought of well I can dial to 895 yards cause I have this handy app or turret cut with yardages out to 1000. I'd guess the majority will break the trigger if the opportunity presents itself so they can have the likes on their preferred social media platform. There seems to be alot of shooting anymore out in the feild, I just don't know that I'd classify it as hunting if your not getting closer than those extended yardages. Just my two cents.
Those are good points.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alaska2Montana
Back