Pro-Wolf-Anti Hunting CPW Commissioner Appointed.

Now days, too much is based on the fickle mob mentality. A CPW commissioner - former Chief Council Attorney for an extreme "wolves shoot rainbows out their ass" environmental group (involved in the CO forced introduction), knows full well how to play to the city naive mob.
He may be the appointed CPW Commissioner still faced with others for votes within, he knows the drill... easily panders the mob exemplified with the following for Colorado. This is the modus operandi of WildEarth Guardians:

rene-wolf-sign-square-wildearth-guardians.jpg

I think that underestimates how difficult it is to do so. In ID, MT, WY, MI, WI, MN, WA, OR, CA it's not happened.

You should get to know the local ranchers in Moffat county. They hate everything Denver/Polis, as much as some Hunt talkers hate Trump. And Wolves are a Denver dog to them. ;)

Elk hunting is big business over there. Bet more NR elk tags are sold in the GMU's surrounding Craig than Montana sells to NR in total. Just dont think the wolf has a very good chance in that country with so much money at stake, but who knows?

You should get to know the local ranchers in Moffat county. They hate everything Denver/Polis, as much as some Hunt talkers hate Trump. And Wolves are a Denver dog to them. ;)

Elk hunting is big business over there. Bet more NR elk tags are sold in the GMU's surrounding Craig than Montana sells to NR in total. Just dont think the wolf has a very good chance in that country with so much money at stake, but who knows?

meh, the ranchers talk big. yes some of them take shoot and shovel seriously but that's a minority.

i can't imagine many are going to put their outfitter licenses at risk by doing such things - that's a bigger risk to business than a handful of forest pups

i have a feeling the ranchers in montana are just as hardcore (if not moreso), and of course as spiteful and hateful of city folk and their laws, as the ones in routt and moffat county. yet the wolves still seem to be existing despite them?

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson

It ain't as easy as people think.

here would be my biggest concerns....for the immediate time frame ... sytes post #66 more long term is 1 leads to 2 then to 3 then they have the majority of votes...of which I do know how to count to 11 ...haven't lost any digits yet so I still have to tap out at 20

Its too bad everyone but real sportsmen are allowed to be on the commission. And having an outfitter as the sportsman's rep is a joke. Mr Bray spearheaded more tags going to vouchers if you need an example.
Its great Listening to the commission meetings, you can tell the majority are clueless. Had to quit listening to the last meeting when they wasted so much time feeling sorry for themselves for being white.

Its too bad everyone but real sportsmen are allowed to be on the commission. And having an outfitter as the sportsman's rep is a joke. Mr Bray spearheaded more tags going to vouchers if you need an example.
Its great Listening to the commission meetings, you can tell the majority are clueless. Had to quit listening to the last meeting when they wasted so much time feeling sorry for themselves for being white.

Listening to the meetings I do question if any commissioner has killed an elk on public land DIY... or even applied in the draw.

Crap like this is why I left Colorado, I didn't like Polis then and I like him less know.

Why don't we have a "wolves and Grizzlies eat elk and deer, and I'd rather we could hunt those elk and deer, likewise, I don't like looking over my shoulder" emoji? Asking for a friend.

Of the 11 commissioners, McDaniel and Schafer hunt big game avidly. Haskett as an outfitter may, and certainly understands the issues. Not sure about the new ag reps.

Anyone see that as an issue?

The buzzwords in bgss were we have to "limit" for the "resource". What was voted in ain't gonna aid any "resource" I can think of.

Maybe his appointment will get hunters to show up at meetings?

Last edited:

Well if they do that would be a major exception to the rule

Just dont think the wolf has a very good chance in that country with so much money at stake, but who knows?

So not to poke holes... but they made it from Yellowstone, meaning they crossed a hundred miles of WY where they are classified as predators meaning gloves off hunting including the use of planes, spot lighting, etc etc.
Ranchers in WY just suck at hunting compared to CO ranchers?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HuntND90
Back