Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Pro-Wolf-Anti Hunting CPW Commissioner Appointed.

Listening to the meetings I do question if any commissioner has killed an elk on public land DIY... or even applied in the draw.
Don't have to question it, I'm pretty sure that is fact. I've heard more than one of them mention how much they are "learning" about wildlife.

Maybe the CO Hunt Talkers could adopt a few commissioners & show 'em how it's done. :)

you mean like this?

not a bad idea

you mean like this?

not a bad idea

Is part of this criteria a lesson in midget strippers & proper croc appearal? Asking for @JohnCushman.

Yes, like that, but even if it's a day hunt or inviting them to camp so they can see how their constituents actually hunt and what the situation on the ground really is.

Yes, like that, but even if it's a day hunt or inviting them to camp so they can see how their constituents actually hunt and what the situation on the ground really is.

ah yes, that's the logical and proper thing that the commissioners would behoove themselves to do

i was more imagining taking a commissioner out in an oversized orange vest, put a .22lr in their hands and teaching them how to cross a fence with a rifle

It's always good to assume they have at least that level of understanding down.

In camp, they don't need a gun, but they'll get an earful.

Maybe the CO Hunt Talkers could adopt a few commissioners & show 'em how it's done. :)

Honestly I would love to, I think it would be a blast to take commissioner Adams through the whole process from applying for an Elk tag, scouting, hunting, then processing. I think seeing how the average CO hunter interacts with the system would be very eye opening. (Picked out Adams as I would venture she is the least experienced)

Commissioner Zipp(no longer on commission) would attend some Roundtable meetings, but self admitted he knew very little about the hunting side since he was a fisherman and owned a fly shop. There were a few others, can't recall names, that would attend, but I'm all for it. Like @wllm1313 said, lets take them through the whole process, from pre-draw to eating a fresh cut back strap.

Commissioner Zipp(no longer on commission) would attend some Roundtable meetings, but self admitted he knew very little about the hunting side since he was a fisherman and owned a fly shop. There were a few others, can't recall names, that would attend, but I'm all for it. Like @wllm1313 said, lets take them through the whole process, from pre-draw to eating a fresh cut back strap.
Despite his absence from the commission now, I would still offer to spend a day with Bray and show him how applications and points work.

"perceptions are important"

"some of the science is against us.... all this killing of lions will make our conflict problems worse ... by destabilizing the population you increase the likelihood of future conflicts"

"we're turning fair chase hunters into a wildlife control agent" -- at the end of the day that is what we are to some degree regardless right?

he makes fair points, on one hand it would appear he genuinely wants to help guide the department on easing perceptive problems with hunting so that we don't lose it

on the other hand, he seems to be starting off the bat with attempting to guide the commission down paths i don't like

i will give the benefit of the doubt for now, he is asking questions and he is trying to learn. they are being patient and answering those questions. but i don't trust him for a second yet

I enjoyed Hauser giving him shit about his Aspen comment... also I thought her comments really put into perspective how far out there he is on the issue.

Also electronic calls not being fair chase... give me a break.

ugh the more i watch this and further i get the more uneasy i become

he keeps harping on fair chase issues and electronic calls, getting claps and "good on ya" hand motions from adams while he was saying that actually set me off a little. is that really what commission meetings are gonna become? come on

prenzlow is our guy. he subtly came off pretty strong to tuchton's management tools comments

you can almost feel the mental eye rolling from many of the commissioners during all of this. thank god he's outvoted for now.

but i will try my best to keep giving the benefit of the doubt that he may be hoping to help with perceptive issues and navigate this stuff

Last edited:
Agree that there is a level of professionalism that should be expected from commissioners, whether we are talking about clapping or eye-rolling. Prenzlow has done an excellent job the last 3-4 months dealing with some pretty contentious issues, addressing concerns while really backing his staff and the portion of his constituency that funds the agency.

9:05:02 🤮🤮

Lions are good at eliminating CWD... "a study out of boulder suggests" 🤢

🤮🤮

i mean, gosh, aren't those like the public talking points of the anti hunting groups? wovles and lions stop the spread of CWD?

is he trying to plant seeds for the record for longer term political games? is he actually gonna try and convince them?

is it a long game? or is he dumb enough actually think the commission will be swayed by comments like that?

orrrrrr does he actually care deeply about wildlife and wants the issue thoroughly researched?

he's an attorney. polis has his back.

am i more worried about this guy than i should be? edit: yeah, probably. but to me it's writing on the wall of the direction our state is headed in.

Last edited:
i mean, gosh, aren't those like the public talking points of the anti hunting groups? wovles and lions stop the spread of CWD?

is he trying to plant seeds for the record for longer term political games? is he actually gonna try and convince them?

is it a long game? or is he dumb enough actually think the commission will be swayed by comments like that?

orrrrrr does he actually care deeply about wildlife and wants the issue thoroughly researched?

he's an attorney. polis has his back.

am i more worried about this guy than i should be? edit: yeah, probably. but to me it's writing on the wall of the direction our state is headed in.

I think he honestly believes some of the bunk science that some of those NGOs push.

I used to work for Alex Zipp, he's a good guy and smart, very pro hunting even though he hadn't really done much of it. I had lots of good conversations with him about what was going on at CPW while he was on the commission.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back