Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Prime rib

Easter is coming! It’s time to cook another prime rib. I am going to try and get a better bark on it this go around! And I’m going to do that by salting and wrapping in cheese cloth 7-10 days before cooking and searing at 500 degrees for a whole 30 minutes. Even if the dam smoke alarm is going off!

I have a partially cooked/seasoned prime rib in the freezer. I think I might take it out and cook it tomorrow on the traeger. I’m thinking about injecting it with au ju, and warming it on the traeger at 225 to 130 internal temp. Yay or nay?

I have a partially cooked/seasoned prime rib in the freezer. I think I might take it out and cook it tomorrow on the traeger. I’m thinking about injecting it with au ju, and warming it on the traeger at 225 to 130 internal temp. Yay or nay?
Sounds dang good to me!

When should I show up? :)

Dry rub the sheeit out of it and let it sit in the fridge a day or two, then put it on a grill or smoker or whatever til it hits 130ish middle temp. Do t forget to let it sit for 10 or 15 minutes before you cut it.

It's not rocket science, but if you mess it up a little it'll still be good. And if they don't like it THEY DONT HAVE TO EAT IT

I get a bunch of suet from the butcher and do the following:
1. Season/rub the roast as you normally would.
2. When ready, cut the suet into strips and completely wrap the roast in the suet strips. Tie it with the string that the butcher uses (or what you use to truss a turkey) To hold the suet on the roast, creating a “suet blanket”. Try not to leave any surface exposed.
3. Season the outside of the suet and place it on the rotisserie at low (225) temperature.
4. As the roast turns over the low heat, the juices from the suet will slowly get absorbed into the meat. Season the outside frequently/to your liking.
5. When you are done, and the meat temperature is to your liking, remove the roast from the rotisserie. Take a scissors and cut the string holding the suet blanket to the roast, remove it and discard the blanket.

ENJOY!

Sounds like a lot of good recipes. One thing I find odd is the pro chefs all say "remove from the fridge one hour before cooking to allow it to come to room temp". Anyone who thinks it goes from 35-70 in one hour doesn't own a thermometer.

Also, remember that it doesn't stop cooking when you take it out of the oven (we do it at 325˚). We take it to 115-120˚and it generally goes up 10-15˚ to a perfect 125-130˚. On a smoker, doubt the climb in temp is that significant.

1634490405434.jpeg
I should really think these things through before I decide to take a prime rib out of the freezer at 7 pm. This is a prime rib that has been previously cooked to rare by my chef friend. I just have to warm it up slowly.

I wanna lick my screen
maxresdefault.jpg

After an hour at 225 it’s only up to about 38 degrees in the middle. It was still kind of frozen in the middle even though it had been on the counter for about 15 hours. I might need more than a 6 pack of spotted cow.

Back