Prick from Tennessee in Montana

Hahaha quackkillr has the balls and the drive to rake this guy over the keyboard coals but is just too lazy to walk up and talk to him...🤔. Must not have bothered you that much.

lol, I said “hey man you just gonna set up right next to us” when he walked by and he ignored me. The guy was intentionally being a prick, he knew very well what he was doing. The young mans father (a friend from California) was here taking his son on his first deer hunt. I wasn’t really interested in the memory of the first hour of hunting Montana being a confrontation with a armed duck hunter. Cooler heads my friend.

Anyhow, we headed east and were able to easily fill his tag on a standard issue 135” 4x4 mule deer...

Interesting comments, my point wasn’t where he was from, I see all kinds of crap behavior by people with Montana plates every year.

I guess culturally hunting is changing, I guess I was raised different. I know my kids sure as hell know that this would not be ok for them to do. Even if it is legal. Just because something is legal don’t make it right or ok.

Interesting comments, my point wasn’t where he was from, I see all kinds of crap behavior by people with Montana plates every year.

I guess culturally hunting is changing, I guess I was raised different. I know my kids sure as hell know that this would not be ok for them to do. Even if it is legal. Just because something is legal don’t make it right or ok.

Just say he had a MAGA hat on & all will be forgiven....

If it makes you feel any better, an old friend of mine took his 7-yr-old daughter out duck hunting a few weekends ago on a public land estuary in NorCal, in a spot they set up in long before sunrise. Hours after shooting light, 4 guys come stomping up and proceeded to yell at him them because he was "in their spot" and that he needed to move...

That sucks. Those situations are weird.

Where I choose to hunt chiefly revolves around avoiding people. In terms of being successful it doesn't work that well, and I suppose it will become less effective as time goes on. My plates say 51 on them, but if recalculated today they'd say 17. I guess that's a bit related to why I no longer hunt so much of the country I grew up hunting.

"..........my point wasn’t where he was from.............."

Guess that's why the title was: Prick from Tennessee in Montana.

Sincerely,
Prick born in Minnesota now residing in Montana

:ROFLMAO:

I apologize, maybe I could have chosen my words better. My intent was that by identifying his state of residence a couple possible outcomes would occur. This person would be a member here and see the title and say “hey that was me” and know that it wasn’t cool. The person might be a guest/friend of a member here and that member might have a conversation about the fact that there is like 30 million other acres in the state he could set up, and that it’s not cool. People seeing this thread could take mental note and avoid this person, as I’m sure if he thinks what he did was ok who knows what other hunting related atrocities he is capable of perpetrating. It’s pretty obvious Montana hunters take note to lic plates, Case and point comments in this thread

I grew up hunting free roam public land in the Sacramento valley. Lots of hunters in a small area, think 3-400 hunters on 9000 acres.. Doing what this guy did I would have expected my windows to be busted or my tires to be flat when I got back to my truck.

Sincerely prick born in California now residing in Montana...

Last edited:
You know...plenty of dudes say " I'm going to my spot and the rest be damned".
It isn't cool if it's on public land and someone else has gotten up a little earlier and beat you there.
I had one guy cuss me out cuz I beat him to a slough to hunt ducks.i told him f-off and get in the blind pronto before any more ducks flaired.:)
Sounds like it to me you handled yourself like an adult Quackiller.
So what if you identify him from Tennessee.
Call it as it is.

I apologize, maybe I could have chosen my words better. My intent was that by identifying his state of residence a couple possible outcomes would occur. This person would be a member here and see the title and say “hey that was me” and know that it wasn’t cool. The person might be a guest/friend of a member here and that member might have a conversation about the fact that there is like 30 million other acres in the state he could set up, and that it’s not cool. People seeing this thread could take mental note and avoid this person, as I’m sure if he thinks what he did was ok who knows what other hunting related atrocities he is capable of perpetrating. It’s pretty obvious Montana hunters take note to lic plates, Case and point comments in this thread

I grew up hunting free roam public land in the Sacramento valley. Lots of hunters in a small area, think 3-400 hunters on 9000 acres.. Doing what this guy did I would have expected my windows to be busted or my tires to be flat when I got back to my truck.

I Don't get why you bothered to take the time to take pics, post, and even hang out for an hour. Just get up and move. It's public land and no two people's definitions of what is ethical are the same. Maybe they're new hunters and don't know any better. Hunting ducks next to blaze orange should be a hint on this one. I have experience like this from time to time and I just shrug it off. Obviously he didn't think it was nearly as big of a deal as you did and what's the point in trying to pressure him to think otherwise. If you want more solitude, hunt somewhere where it's unlikely any laid back warm weather dude can toss out some dekes and plop down to enjoy the out doors. Wishing you a more enjoyable time on your next hunt.

Well put...

Good job getting the kid on his first deer anyway. Sounds like you were able to take what could’ve been a bad experience and turn it into a great one.

There’s definitely pricks from every state, including here in TN. Hopefully I’ll be one of the Montana transplants from Tennessee in about 6 months.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back