PREGNANT or Hunt?

Not to be a Debbie downer, but we had a due date of September 1, 2014...

Puts it all onto perspective. I'm very sorry to hear that Dustin. I know that it took us 6 years, surgery's, fertility medicine and all kinks of grief before we were able to have Garrett. I would have taken him any time that he would come.

Because I'm gone so much with my job, I already make all kinds of concession with hunting. I just appreciate and take what I can get.

Some dumba55 went and put Valentine's day right in the wrong spot.

Even worse, that's my birthday. So I have to buy someone else a gift on my birthday. :cool:

I feel sorry for the guy that needs a holiday to get lucky.

No need to feel sorry for me, it worked out. :D
The first time I was hitting on my wife (had just met her), she asked me how old I was. When I told her, she didn't believe that I was that old (I'm 6 years older than her). She said when were you born?. I said Valentines day 1969. Then she really thought I was BS'ing her and made me show her my drivers license. The rest is history! :hump:

My wife and I settled our wedding anniversary for October 15th back whenever.

Kinda slipped in the window between archery and general in MT. I took what I could get and for sake of my wife, I'm pretty darn happy. My friends give me hell occasionally... thankfully I don't live/sleep with them.

I planned for having both my kids and my wedding outside of hunting season. June's a busy month in our household! I see nothing wrong with it, just less complication for us. Now, if I could just get my wife to change her birthday to June, as the current one in October is problematic for me... :D

I love to hunt but it is way down the list from family. I can certainly empathize with dustin's perspective.

If you want to hear God laugh, tell him about your hunting plan.

Last edited:
Kids in hunting season

You've got to be kidding me! That is absurd! Sometimes babies just come when they decide. People don't have as much control over the situation as they would like to think that they do. Your wife and children are the most important thing in the world. When you're 85 years old and you are sitting home alone in your urine scented house because your wife is dead and your kids no longer think hanging out with you is fun anymore, well, I've got news for you, there you are, still alone not hunting and no one to talk to. Have fun while you can.

Ha! Disregard my other post. That's what I get for leaving the computer open with this thread in sight and having a wife who thinks she is funny. For the record I have 4 kids and none of them were born in the fall!

Sometimes babies just come when they decide.
I don't agree with this perspective...a man provides the ammo, but sometimes he can't help when he provides said ammo.

Your wife and children are the most important thing in the world.
Damn right!! I once went hunting on my wife's birthday. The biggest buck I have ever taken was on that day. I had a 6pm dinner reservation for that night and didn't get home until 8pm. That almost was the best and worst day of my life.

Last edited:
My wife was very aware that a fall wedding was not an option and we will be trying for our first child soon and plan to not have any birthdays in the fall either.

Wedding 07/07...............LO one suppose to come July 5th but made a early arrival of June 7th. My momma didn't raise no fool..................

It's simple math if you will, in fact you can count it out on you fingers in the dark if you must........................duh

Last edited:
Congrats to your hunting partner soon to be father. Here's to a happy healthy baby!

Every one of my kids were born in a hunting season.I also got married,now divorced, on Sept 26,and her birthday was Sept 15.Missing her birthday and anniversary for elk season didn't go over well.My older 2 only had me miss their birthday last year while in Ak.I still remember sitting in my deer stand the morning I had to meet the wife at the hospital to be induced.Told her the Dr. could wait an hour or two like he makes me wait on every visit.I try and always be home for my kids b-days though but they understood last year.Told the wife she should be happy we don't celebrate her getting old,lol.that didn't work out well
I wouldn't plan around hunting season for a baby though.some things are a lot more important.If I'm dumb enough to get married again it will be in the summer though.Sorry to hear that Dustin.Just keep trying and when you have a house full of them, you'll realize the trying was the best part,jk

I was born in late October...my birthday often coincides with the General Rifle Opener. That is the only birthday in the fall that I want to ever celebrate. I don't have any worries about having kids anytime soon but there will be an attempt to keep it to spring/summer calving.

I'm skipping my cousin's wedding in October because it is prime pheasant time!

Ha! Disregard my other post. That's what I get for leaving the computer open with this thread in sight and having a wife who thinks she is funny. For the record I have 4 kids and none of them were born in the fall!

i think you have a large dog house,doug.:W:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisb970
Back