Preferred Pronouns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not gonna lie, "true Christians" have always been my #1 reason to avoid organized religion.
The problem is that to be a true Christian one must only self-Identify as a true Christian. True Christians will argue that there are specific criteria for being a true Christian but that criteria will always be a product of how they self-identify.

"true politicians" are the number one reason i find it incredibly difficult to trust our government.

but that doesn't mean the philosophies of liberty, freedom, and democratic representative governance are bad.

corruption and selfish ambition snakes it's way into the fibers of every being and organized system on the planet. every. last. one.

half of the new testament is letters to churches trying to correct the very same behaviors and arguments that turn people away from churches in the modern day.

Last edited:
That is not what I was inferring at all. Not sure how you got that point out of the quoted verses.

Jesus did not push away Mary Madeline for her prior life choices. Again not justifying anything just showing what his ways were which is what Christians should strive for right?
Have you read the Berlin Codex?

Essentially pre Nicaea there were a number of other gospels (accounts) that were in wide circulation, through the Christian communities.

The Berlin Codex specifically contained the gospel of Mary... a bit of a fly in the ointment to some folks. Interesting rabbit hole to pursue if you have the inclination.

Have you read the Berlin Codex?

Essentially pre Nicaea there were a number of other gospels (accounts) that were in wide circulation, through the Christian communities.

The Berlin Codex specifically contained the gospel of Mary... a bit of a fly in the ointment to some folks. Interesting rabbit hole to pursue if you have the inclination.
I have not, but will look into it, I wasn't aware of other gospels that were removed. I have read some of the apocrypha or the books removed from the old testament, mostly the books of enoch which has some pretty wild stuff in there to say the least.

A reason I am to skeptical of organized religion is because of things like that. Certain religions or denominations having authorized books or authorized versions of the bible. If we are to use this as a history of creation, spiritual guidance, and salvation all records written should be taken into account. Not left to objective conclusion of organizations

I have not, but will look into it, I wasn't aware of other gospels that were removed. I have read some of the apocrypha or the books removed from the old testament, mostly the books of enoch which has some pretty wild stuff in there to say the least.

A reason I am to skeptical of organized religion is because of things like that. Certain religions or denominations having authorized books or authorized versions of the bible. If we are to use this as a history of creation, spiritual guidance, and salvation all records written should be taken into account. Not left to objective conclusion of organizations

Humans muddy things up because we are imperfect and I believe think we are smarter than we are... far be it for me to tell anyone what's what, but I do enjoy reading about the history of the bible, new testament, and how it was written.

I have a number of family members who attended seminary and I love picking their brains.

I think "gospel" is probably a controversial word to describe them, though its the colloquial word.

When someone asks me my pronouns I feel like an agenda is being pushed on me.
I often have a similar initial reaction to this type of stuff. But if I put myself in the shoes of the other person, I realize that my rejection of their request may seem like it comes from an opposite agenda. I would guess 90% of people on both sides of the issue are reasonable folks that just want to be understood and not attacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back