Preferred Pronouns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. Sadly, many Christians today want to seemingly sugar coat God’s word and His instructions on how we should live our lives. No one wants to call out sin for what it is and even some so called churches pervert God’s word with an “I’m ok and you’re ok” ideology.
Sadly, many Christians seemingly believe their personal readings of the Word are superior to those of other educated, sincere and prayerful Christians who may disagree. To sincerely and spiritually disagree on an article of faith is not sugar coating, weakness or perversion. But of course centuries of christian wars does re-affirm that this is a problem for us - one that does not bring others to the faith.

@VikingsGuy I find your posts very refreshing on this topic.

I was raised catholic. I tried to bolster my faith, attended some religious group gatherings in college and read books recommended by friends with a strong faith to help me believe. My brain's logic never let me truly believe and I don't to this day. My wife was also raised Catholic. Her dad started in the seminary but never made it to priesthood. He used religion to justify treating her like shit while being a generally a lousy person. She is not a believer either. Still, I cannot come up with much better for a basis for how one should live their life than the teachings of the bible.

All that to conclude (as VG said in a more polished manner within this thread), it is a huge put off to people on the fence of believing when Christians surrounded by an ocean of sin, pick items like non-religious gay marriage or not addressing a tranny by their transitioned to gender as a point of such attention with being good followers. It almost always feels like people are using religion to justify their feelings/beliefs rather than doing their best to be a good follower. I don't mean that as an insult to the believers in this thread and my biases are likely influencing those feelings, but that's how it comes off.

To the topic of the thread:
-Compelled Speech is BS and I will speak out against it
-I have a real hard time with minors undergoing sex changes
-I have a hard time seeing how addressing a tranny by their transitioned sex is going to make the list of considerations for Christians on judgement day

@neffa3 I know this might jeopardize our friendship... but I recently switched entirely to Athletic Brewing.

I have to say pretty damn impressed.

Downwinder and Cerveza are quiet good, Upside dawn is a 3/5 but decent all things considered. I still haven't tried their IPAs yet.

Thank you. Sadly, many Christians today want to seemingly sugar coat God’s word and His instructions on how we should live our lives. No one wants to call out sin for what it is and even some so called churches pervert God’s word with an “I’m ok and you’re ok” ideology.
From Mathew 22 34-40
Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?” Jesus replied: “ ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Seems to me when it all really boils down to it its pretty simple. If you can do these two things then everything else should fall in line. Of course the world is chaotic and nothing is that simple. But it should be.

I don't have anything to add on pronouns. Does it even come up unless you were to refer to someone in the third person. Not sure the applicability In a two way conversation. If I'm aware someone has a preference or a sensibility one way or another on a range of things I try to be courteous. Of course this is all work related when I'm on my ps and qs anyways because I'm there to earn a paycheck. If this somehow ever comes up in my personal life I will be courteous as well.

@neffa3 I know this might jeopardize our friendship... but I recently switched entirely to Athletic Brewing.

Downwinder and Cerveza are quiet good, Upside dawn is a 3/5 but decent all things considered. I still haven't tried their IPAs yet.
If you see someone drinking this I think it’s appropriate to question their pronouns

Speaking of godless commies….

"might" is an understatement. . .

Now I can't trust any of your other product recommendations, graphs, charts, spreadsheets, or links. they're all suspect.

BTW, IPA's are beer, not flavored water. Athletic Brewing does not make bear, they make a unique style of LaCroix. So in that regard, I'm not surprised you don't love them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back