Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Pray for me

Yeah, I shoot a 4.5 Weatherchester Super Duper Magnum in a 117.6 grain. You wouldn’t know what that is, unless only elitests shoot that. The 30-06 is for ugly people.
Resident oddball cartridge hipster checking in here: when do we hit the point where the .30-06 is retro and now cool again? I liked the 6.5CM a lot more when everyone still called it the 6.5x55.

92 grains. If I drop down in cartridge I have an .06 and a .270. I just really like the .300 RUM. Done a lot of work with it over the years between mine and friends rifles. I keep changing my mind, but a 168 Hammer HHT somewhere around 3500-3600 fps should work well. mtmuley
**should** :LOL:

92 grains. If I drop down in cartridge I have an .06 and a .270. I just really like the .300 RUM. Done a lot of work with it over the years between mine and friends rifles. I keep changing my mind, but a 168 Hammer HHT somewhere around 3500-3600 fps should work well. mtmuley
Nothing like $2 in hard to come by powder alone, per shot, and tougher to keep on target after the shot as the concussion/tremor settles, while knowing your barrel life is about half that of cartridges that can do everything a 300RUM can do, cheaper/better. It's the only rifle I've owned where I couldn't hand it to my kids and say here you go, when they were younger. It does work, as does a 30-30, 308, .223, .270, 7mm-8 or .300 Win, etc. etc. No better, but more costly and less effective in a lot of ways.

Nothing like $2 in hard to come by powder alone, per shot, and tougher to keep on target after the shot as the concussion/tremor settles, while knowing your barrel life is about half that of cartridges that can do everything a 300RUM can do, cheaper/better. It's the only rifle I've owned where I couldn't hand it to my kids and say here you go, when they were younger. It does work, as does a 30-30, 308, .223, .270, 7mm-8 or .300 Win, etc. etc. No better, but more costly and less effective in a lot of ways.
Not to mention they kick like a mule. That’s my beef. But I fixed mine by threading it for a suppressor.

Not to mention they kick like a mule. That’s my beef. But I fixed mine by threading it for a suppressor.
What's a suppressed 300RUM weigh - all said and done right? Plusses and minuses, but yes, they go boom when you pull the trigger and the bullet will come out the other end.

What's a suppressed 300RUM weigh - all said and done right? Plusses and minuses, but yes, they go boom when you pull the trigger and the bullet will come out the other end.
Not enough haha. I haven’t weighed it but I bet 10 pounds plus. I figure if I’m whipping it out for hunt I’m not worried about weight. I haven’t shot anything with that gun since 2009. I honestly seem to find every excuse possible to not pack that gun. I’m not recoil sensitive either. I have scoped myself with it a couple times but that was my fault - poor form and steep downhill. It’s a great shooting gun but for all the reasons you listed. I don’t plan to shoot it much except for when I want a 200 plus grain projectile on target at 500 plus which will be very rare

What? Most people lugging around a 300RUM can't want to throw a camera in because they're so heavy?

Here was a quick 4 shot rapid fire at under 50 yards. I kinda just wish I would have had a bow along. Those 4 shots probably fried the the throat more than any of the above calibers I listed times ten.
IMG_6103.jpeg

What? Most people lugging around a 300RUM can't want to throw a camera in because they're so heavy?

Here was a quick 4 shot rapid fire at under 50 yards. I kinda just wish I would have had a bow along. Those 4 shots probably fried the the throat more than any of the above calibers I listed times ten.
View attachment 299571
That bull is unreal. Never gets old seeing pictures of it

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back