Pray for me

I’m down to a seekins, Springfield or building on a tikka for options. I think seekins might be winning the cost category

I vote tikka or seekins. Seems like Springfield might have pooped the bed on their PRC implementation.

Edit to clarify: Springfield seems to think it’s ok for them to feed like garbage.

Last edited:
I think there is a really good chance I’ll have a prc before next fall. The knowledge base here makes me think someone will have a load to pass along
56.5 grains of h1000 and 156 Berger your welcome

.270 is good. “Trend” is funny. You don’t think 300 RUM was trend 20 years back? Now look at it. 🤣
Guess so.The .300 was introduced in 1999. Thanks for the info on all this. I'll consider it. Why the phuck is it a big deal? mtmuley

I’m as guilty as anybody getting caught in the trends. I have owned a 300 RUM (not man enough to shoot it) 26 nosler (most frustrating gun I’ve owned and it is for sale) 6.5 creedmoor 6.5 prc and a 22 creedmoor. Hindsight i would put my 243 win and 7mm rem mag up against anything. I could have just rolled with those 2 guns my whole life, but it is too much fun to tinker.

post up best Rem700, Leupold scope, 300RUM pics.... I'll start, and have a large stack. Must include rifle w/leupold and be a 300RUM..
View attachment 299545

No big elk with my Rem700/Leupold scope/300RUM but I have shot some booner does. 😀

I am actually pretty disappointed in this rifle/scope combo. I have shot three does with it — one with the 200 gr Accubond, one with a 181 gr Hammer Hunter, and one with a 124 gr Hammer Hunter. Not one has dropped in its tracks. The only constants have been the rifle and the scope. Just sayin’…

IMG_0269.jpeg

I am actually pretty disappointed in this rifle/scope combo. I have shot three does with it — one with the 200 gr Accubond, one with a 181 gr Hammer Hunter, and one with a 124 gr Hammer Hunter. Not one has dropped in its tracks. The only constants have been the rifle and the scope. Just sayin’…

View attachment 299621
its because you’re not shooting them “right in the fuggin’ head.”

its because you’re not shooting them “right in the fuggin’ head.”
I tried that (once) with a 338 LM*, and that was before HTM suggested it.

IMG_2427.jpeg

* @mtmuley, not a R700, not a Leupold, and not a 300 RUM, but better! I even saw the impact. However, I did not see the rapid expansion Berger claims after 2-3” of penetration. Pencil sized hole by the ear on the other side.

Guess so.The .300 was introduced in 1999. Thanks for the info on all this. I'll consider it. Why the phuck is it a big deal? mtmuley

I will just pray for you. Still would like to see some 300RUM carnage results.

I’m down to a seekins, Springfield or building on a tikka for options. I think seekins might be winning the cost category
You should come out and shoot Miss T's Mark V Ultralight in 6.5 WBY RPM. The only downside is the cost of brass. They do chamber it in PRC now.
If she loses interest I will re-stock it in a man sized Peak44.

Threaded but I don't own a can. I keep the brake on it for her. She complains about managing hearing protection in the field but I don't care.

Yesterday - rifle is 8lbs 5 ounces fully loaded as is.

View attachment 299605

When the trigger breaks, it sounds like an air-compressor hose being disconnected. Last week I was shooting a 18" (1/2 mil in my scope) rock at 1009 meters, hit it every time (3) from across canyon where I hunt, could see/hear the bullet strikes with no hearing protection. That's just laying over a backpack, no bipod/tripod. For an old guy that has hunted over 4 decades, I've year to hear of something more marketable that doesn't come in the form of a little blue pill. Try it....
What are the details on this set up?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back