Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Physical Conditioning @ Home

I have been running several times a week and supplementing with T25 workouts from beach body. I hate calisthenics/body weight workouts so the T25s are doable since they are only 25 minutes. A lot of swearing and complaining goes on in that 25 mins...

This experience has shown me that I do not have the demeanor to be an elementary/middle school teacher...
Yep...its a profession which gets a lot of crap heaped up on to it. Try being in charge of 100 different personalities in the course of one day.

Love where this thread is headed hahaha.

What do you do to stay in shape?

Majority answer: Pound Double Stuffs and 16 oz. beers...... duh.
If the non res aren't out there chasing big critters around I figure we should add some challenge, like being out of shape. Fair chase and all that.

I have never been to a commercial gym. Since the late 70s, I have my owned a set of Olympic weights, bench, squat rack, assorted bars and dumbells, added a top of the line elliptical and treadmill. Over the years I have burned up many treadmills, Nordic tracs, etc. I work out at home on my schedule. No waiting for equipment that someone has just slimed in a gym 30 minutes from home. This winter : 3 times per week - 10 minutes stretching, 50 minutes free weights, 30 minutes elliptical, 30 minutes treadmill. On off days - 2 hours hiking trails through the woods (many days on snowshoes).

Bench, dumbells, swiss ball, pull up bar.... damn near all you need to work out at home. Set myself up a few years ago after getting tired of the gym as well. Feel sorry for the people looking for equipment now and its all sold out. Should be easy enough to throw some sand in a sack and use that though.

Anyone taking this time on "lockdown" to do any conditioning or have any goals? I put this under Safety, First Aid, and Survivial; since most of might agree that it should come first. i.e. - Before you start thinking about tags/units, calibers, equipment, techniques, etc. .... Get Your Arse In Shape!!

My three goals over the next 5-7 weeks:

1. Shed about 15 pounds of fat.

2. Improve my mile run time.

3. Focus on conditioning exercises that will prevent knee and back injuries while in the field.

Tips, thoughts???

I'm 63 years old, and for me endurance is key.
I try to hike long (4-8 hour hike) at least twice a week.
For my neighborhood that is easy...saw one vehicle and 1 other hiker on this morning's hike.
MorningDogWalk.jpg

If it’s hard to leave the house, relatively lightweight squats with high reps and short breaks between sets. Lots of them. Great for leg strength and cardio.

I do these without a barbell holding a weight plate behind my neck. Doing it this way eliminated any knee and lower back pain for me.

Told myself I was going to cut back on beer so I made a gin and tonic last night. Out of curiosity I checked how many calories are in gin...

what the hell, the stuff looks like water.

Don't look at the Tonic then....

I just followed Cam Hanes on Instagram and comment motivational hashtags. I figure that should easily offset any additional beer consumption. If that doesn’t work, at least there’s bear season. #keephammering

Edit - I briefly considered switching from Hot Streak IPA to silver bullets, but we’re not quite there yet.

Last edited:
Riding my mountain bike and trying a new assortment of Hazy IPAs. All in the name of supporting the local economy of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the biggest tragedies of the last month is that I never got my order of Thin Mints and Tagalongs.
Dollar general carries the knock off Girl Scout cookies the ones I’ve tried I can’t tell the difference between them and girlscouts

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back