Physical Conditioning @ Home

greatwhitebuffalo

Anyone taking this time on "lockdown" to do any conditioning or have any goals? I put this under Safety, First Aid, and Survivial; since most of might agree that it should come first. i.e. - Before you start thinking about tags/units, calibers, equipment, techniques, etc. .... Get Your Arse In Shape!!

My three goals over the next 5-7 weeks:

1. Shed about 15 pounds of fat.

2. Improve my mile run time.

3. Focus on conditioning exercises that will prevent knee and back injuries while in the field.

Tips, thoughts???

for me, it's more running than I ever have done and mixed in with hiking.

Right now it's all circuits of 4-5 strength exercises followed by a half mile, rinse and repeat six times. Literally rinse, I got poured on and hailed on yesterday.

I have several TRX FORCE suspension trainers that I bought to resell on eBay. However, the maker of this product blocked me from selling them by falsely accusing that they were counterfeit. This was done because I'm a Power Seller on eBay and anybody who is a power seller has been blocked by this company.
If anyone is interested $100 TYD. Check them out on eBay, they go for a lot more than that.

Started back to running last week. Gonna keep that up and get to working on BW exercises and with kettlebells/maces this week. Boys don't know it yet, but they will as well since I'm now the PE teacher.
Your strict, our pe teacher just took attendance and then went out the back door across the parking lot to smoke and drink at the bus barn shop.

I signed up for a trail 10k in May, as of now it’s still on. I have been mixing walk/runs 3 times a week with body weight excercises a couple times a week too. I’ve never done a race, let alone a trail race. I live close to the coarse so I am trying to do it at least once a week as well. My goal is to average 10 minutes per mile with a combo of walking and running.

About 20 years ago I converted one of the empty bedrooms in my house into my "torture chamber" or what others would call a home gym. In it I have a Weider multi exercise machine, a bench with attachments for several exercises, and free weights. Because of space limitations, in another room I have an elliptical machine and a AB Lounge.

Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays I do 10 exercises in my torture chamber, and Tuesdays and Fridays I do a routine on my elliptical machine and AB Lounge.

My main purpose for these exercises is to help keep in shape and probably some vanity so that I won't look my age. Like @greatwhitebuffalo I would also like to loose 15 or more pounds, but that usually doesn't happen until golf season. And I gave up on my mile run times very many years ago.:sick:

I like the theory that the best exercise is the kind you'll do. If they shut us out of the bear hills come May it's very likely I will spiral into a pit of oreos and gain 20 lbs.
Good point. Noticed that there's about 90 posts in "Shelter-in-place cooking", yet little in the training realm... Time for me to transition from a Hunt "Talker" to a Hunt "Walker"...

How is that?

Effn horrible when your in the middle of it and great when it's over LOL

Effn horrible when your in the middle of it and great when it's over LOL

Heard they cut the price.

Back