Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Perfect Days

VAspeedgoat

Yesterday I awoke to steady rain.....No planting! Finished checking chickens and got boys out of school. Ate lunch on the way and got to our favorite spot by 2:00. Trout were just "stockies" but were a little more finicky than expected. Boys caught their limit by 5:30.....Daddy Time! Worked a section of the stream that notoriously holds fish for a little longer so the power bait crowd gets frustrated. Limit done by 6:30! Got dinner at pizza hut to top off the day. Drove home and only had the boys out an hour after their bedtime.....sorry mommy/wife. Got the fish cleaned while boys got showers. Took a little time before nodding off to relish what was easily one of my favorite days of all time.

What are some of you guy's favorite/perfect days?

Just about any day I am in the hills is a perfect day. It starts with a sun rise and ends with a sunset with maybe a short afternoon nap under a pine tree. My favorites have temperatures no greater than 60 and the air is crisp with little humidity. Finding a big shed is always a bonus too.

Antlerradar

That brings back a lot of memories! I grew up in Harrisonburg, and spent many a fine day of trout fishing on Dry River and in the lakes in the mountains.

One of my all time favorite out door experiences also involves trout and also my mother in law (Carroll). She was an absolute saint , raised 10 kids , loved to fish .
Carroll moved in with us when Alzheimer's hit her real hard . She was at the point where she only knew a few people , was confused most of the time but she still had a good sense of humor .
Then on one beautiful october day my wife says " we should take her fishing ". So off to the local trout farm we go , got her sat down in a chair,put a cane pole in her hand and she sure knew what to do with it! Carroll was pulling in fish after fish , she had quite an audience cheering her on , the bucket over filled with trout so much that many of them jumped out back into the pond .
We will never forget that day , was the best $150.00 I ever spent on a fishing trip !
John

On a high mountain lake at or near dawn when the water is smooth as glass.
This is how I release the stress of everyday life, work and problems.

This , with these :)

Attachments

• IMG_7286.jpg
    IMG_7286.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 174
  • Summer 2013 and old ones 326.jpg
    Summer 2013 and old ones 326.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 166
Back