Perfect cooler for a elk....

Dad and I bought a 400 Qt. Grizzly that was clearanced down to $600. We split the bill. It has been incredibly handy. We brought 2 bulls home in it that we had processed. The meat wasn't frozen when we put it in the cooler. Loaded some dry ice on top, covered with our sleeping bags, sealed it up, and drove home over 2 days. When we got home, the meat was frozen solid. We have used it several times on our trips. Heck, we have even used it as a lockable storage tote to haul stuff in the bed of the truck that we want to keep dry and secure. Throw some padlocks on it, cable lock it to the bed of truck, and it's pretty secure.

I can see myself having something bigger than my 160 at some point....especially of its staying in the truck.
I would love to something that has front drains, I feel like for truck box cooler it would be way easier to manage

If your traveling with a hitch rack, one of those 250 or 350 quart coolers fit nicely on them and they are easy to load and unload from a low height. Also easy access to them never having other gear in the way while on the trip.
Any recommendations on which one? I have a Yeti 210...

My buddy brought out his Giant Yeti for an elk hunt. Damn thing takes 3 men & a boy to move empty. Half a cow filled the bottom and it was a pain to take to the truck from inside...lol,but it would hold a whole bull. I'll check which size it was.

E118B352-302D-4C44-84AB-57781FB2CDC5.jpegThis has swallowed 5 quartered elk in the past. It’s become a must bring cooler for us.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ambushpredator
Back