Perfect cooler for a elk....

That's empty. Now consider weight of a mature bull elk if you don't debone it can be around 540 and upto 240 or so deboned. I like my ribs, heart, liver, brisket, etc, so I take the bones and don't use the gutless method. Add the additional 89 for weight of the container, that is pretty heavy. Plus add weight of any ice you add.
540 quartered with the bone in? I want to see that elk.

If your traveling with a hitch rack, one of those 250 or 350 quart coolers fit nicely on them and they are easy to load and unload from a low height. Also easy access to them never having other gear in the way while on the trip.

If your traveling with a hitch rack, one of those 250 or 350 quart coolers fit nicely on them and they are easy to load and unload from a low height. Also easy access to them never having other gear in the way while on the trip.
I have such a tough time trusting one of those racks with an expensive cooler. I know they are used all the time I’m just paranoid I guess

I have such a tough time trusting one of those racks with an expensive cooler. I know they are used all the time I’m just paranoid I guess
I got one on my popup camper but I took some galvanized pipe and welded it to the frame and then the rack to it. Nice and sturdy now. I am like you, on a pickup or SUV, I do not trust hitch racks for stability on anything of value

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerezA
Back