Caribou Gear

Painting my bathroom ceiling šŸ”Ø

We honeymoon'd across the river from you and they had those. Needless to say we never looked up (at least I sure as hell didn't) However then entire time I was waiting to knock one off the ceiling and fall and kill me.
It probably had a ceiling similar to Dougā€™s and they did the only logical thing to repair it. Was that the motel with the heart shaped whirl pool suites and coin operated vibrating bed? Did you check for bed bugs?

Is prison food as bad as everyone says?
No, no prison food. Ya gotta be smarter than that.

The trick is to start the fire eight miles away and burn down a few thousand other homes as well, that way, they suspects you. One match on a windy day and nobody has to paint their bathroom.

About now DouglasR is probably seriously considering this option.

Welp, thatā€™s about a cluster #*^@#*.
Shouldā€™ve just left it alone.
The 50% of that chit that hadnā€™t already peeled off is really stuck on there.
Might be time to lower the ceiling.
View attachment 266239
I'd say lower the ceiling in the shower zone, maybe considerably, and tile it with thin ceramic or maybe vinyl. That light/fan thing is definitely not doing the job. If fan is running every time the light is on, you shouldn't have that kind of moisture accumulation ... even if it's only venting into the attic. Did someone add insulation up there and cover/plug it up?

Dropping the ceiling in the shower area will push the steam out to the ceiling fan.

I'd say lower the ceiling in the shower zone, maybe considerably, and tile it with thin ceramic or maybe vinyl. That light/fan thing is definitely not doing the job. If fan is running every time the light is on, you shouldn't have that kind of moisture accumulation ... even if it's only venting into the attic. Did someone add insulation up there and cover/plug it up?

Dropping the ceiling in the shower area will push the steam out to the ceiling fan.
Yah...that's one way I guess.šŸ¤Æ

Much of the problem is caused by the window inside the shower stall. That's always a disaster waiting to happen. The shower area will always be colder AND wetter than the rest of the bathroom. A condensation factory, especially if it's a poor quality window. Tiling the walls helped but I would be surprised if they don't have issues as well. The only 100% long term solution is get rid of that window and improve the vent/duct.

Welp, thatā€™s about a cluster #*^@#*.
Shouldā€™ve just left it alone.
The 50% of that chit that hadnā€™t already peeled off is really stuck on there.
Might be time to lower the ceiling.
View attachment 266239

Donā€™t worry about the stuff thatā€™s stuck. Peel the loose portions and cover with some all purpose drywall compound. If you use a random skip trowel smear, youā€™ll get a textured ceiling and not even have to sand. Then prime and paint.

Back