Painting my bathroom ceiling 🔨

DouglasR

Stuck at home with covid.
Need to do some homeowner chit to fight the boredom.
I think I’m gonna lay down some plastic, take a plastic or metal putty knife to it and hope for the best.
Gonna try to get away without taking down the crown moulding or trim or whatever you call it.
Doesn’t have to be perfect, anything’s better than where I’m at.
@JLS @mtmuley @noharleyyet
You guys got any tips or recommendations for paint?
D0F2DB48-5F34-4A06-ACB8-C1FB7A043D15.jpeg

I think I’m gonna lay down some plastic, take a plastic or metal putty knife to it and hope for the best.
Gonna try to get away without taking down the crown moulding or trim or whatever you call it.
View attachment 266181
Also Jesus christ how long has it been like this and how do you sleep at night? I'm ocd as hell. The corner of my garage needs tuck pointing and it literally keeps me up at night.

I have the same problem with the original popcorn paint.

What am I in for?

Suggestions as you go along, because I do need to get it done.

View attachment 266181
I would definitely take down the molding and redo so that it blends into that bullnose. Sorry can't help it.

View attachment 266181
Is there a vent? Looks like a moisture problem. Paint should be 'kitchen and bath' but it won't matter if you can't get the moisture out. It will just happen again.

View attachment 266181

Didn't we just cover stuff like this on another thread? I'm with @Nick87, that pic gives me heartburn-peeling ceiling, boob light in the bathroom, no exhaust fan, the crown moulding, and the brown hotel tile. All of it needs redone. All. Of. It. :ROFLMAO:

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexn
Back