Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Paid your taxes yet?

I think there should be a Structured FLAT tax.... like everyone get's their first 10k for free. 10k-25k is 10% and everything above that is 15-20%. Bang, Easily done. When I make 100k I know how much I'm paying in Tax's and I don't have to Figure out what Item I need to Buy to write off not to pay tax's ;) All that being said, As long as the Laws are the way they are now.. and I have a Good Accountant, I'll pay what I'm obligated to pay.... which, is fair to me ;) :D

There is guys making 1/10th what I make that pay 2-3 times as much. I don't understand that, but thats a true statement !!!! Work Smarter, not harder, and Tax's are a Good way to make it or break it. There is Business stuff rightoffs and ways to show money coming in that would Make your head spin. Makes mine spin .... But thats why I shell out more to an Accountant then the Government :)

Moosie, I'm pretty sure I pay a lot more than many people who make more money than I do. I don't know how they do it, except I guess they pay an accountant just like you do. I've never done that...just fill out the 1040 myself, really simple, but when I'm paying $5000 in income tax every year it sure doesn't seem fair when I hear of people who make more and pay nothing. Of course now with the kid my tax bill just got reduced by about 50%. :D

Flat Tax would be fair. Probably never happen. This enreah guy has potential. He got Buzz & Ithica all riled up at the same time in 3 posts!!!:eek: :eek:

If enreah turns out to be just another pseudonym of Gunner's, I'm gonna be truly pist!:mad: :D

If enreah turns out to be just another pseudonym of Gunner's, I'm gonna be truly pist!

no way in hell!
Anyway, if he did, at least he finally evolved a personality with testicles.

Enraeh, loved the bumper sticker!

I hope you guys are kidding about the flat tax because there is no such thing. It is either progressive or regressive. % wise it looks good but if you look at the impact a flat tax is regressive. I've yet to see a flat tax scheme that isn't regressive or as cumbersome as the system we have.

MNHunter said:
I hope you guys are kidding about the flat tax because there is no such thing. It is either progressive or regressive. % wise it looks good but if you look at the impact a flat tax is regressive. I've yet to see a flat tax scheme that isn't regressive or as cumbersome as the system we have.
Ok mabey I'm still not awake yet here on the left coast, but how can a flat tax possibly be more cumbersome? As far as progressive or regressive goes wouldn't that depend on which political tit you are feeding from?? A little help here pleeze.

enraeh said:
Ok mabey I'm still not awake yet here on the left coast, but how can a flat tax possibly be more cumbersome? As far as progressive or regressive goes wouldn't that depend on which political tit you are feeding from?? A little help here pleeze.

No one will propose a real flat tax. Every plan has decuctions for something. Some do not include money invested or saved. That opens the door to debate about what is "invested". Does that mean stocks and bonds only? What if they excluded real estate? Some plans give exemptions based on income. That changes it to a progressive scheme. Most "flat tax" proposals exclude "unearned" income.

Bottom line, if the "flat" tax rate is higher than the first level of a graduated progressive tax system, working middle class earners willl most likely pay more tax than they are currently paying, whereas those that are very wealthy will pay less tax. Throw in an exemption for "unearned" income and Joe Millionaire pays even less.

Bottom line is the government needs money to run, they can either tax for it or borrow it. If they tax for it, they have to figure out who they want to burden and who they want to skate. Much of our current tax policy (loopholes if you will) is designed to accomplish a political or fiscal goal.

Why do we allow mortgage interest to be deducted? Because somebody wants to encourage home ownership. Why do we allow 2nd mortgages to be deducted? Because somebody wants to encourage borrowing to stimulated the economy. Every deduction is there because somebody wanted to encourage something. And every time you allow a deduction, you have to increase somebody else's taxes to make up for it.

I like the goofballs (ie... Dubya!!!) that want to lower income tax and replace it with a national sales tax. That would accomplish a lot.........

Under 100 posts

noharleyyet said:
If enreah turns out to be just another pseudonym of Gunner's, I'm gonna be truly pist!:mad: :D

OK OK OK now I get it!! Took me all day |oo Gunner is short for "Elkgunner", right? One of the hot headed political opposites ? I assure you my friend, I use my keyboard for fighting and my gun for fun! hump

Gunner=ElkGunner=Jose Quervo,= Pot stirrer=Ahole=Founding Member of the "3 Fools" (bet you can't guess the other 2 Fools enraeh!).

I would be in favor of an "Air Tax". Something like 5 grand a year per head. Kinda like charging a AUM for a welfare rancher. Fail to pay the tax, and we cut off your air. Would probably put a lot of accountants out of work however.

A moment of clarity at last

BigHornRam said:
Gunner=ElkGunner=Jose Quervo,= Pot stirrer=Ahole=Founding Member of the "3 Fools" (bet you can't guess the other 2 Fools enraeh!).
Manny Moe & Jack !!
Haven't heard much from them lately...I'm starting to feel like that kicked dog that misses the smell of the boot!! Mabey they are busy with honey-do's :confused:
As for Cuervo, well if he was gonna choose a tequila name he could have chosen something other than rot gut wetback shit for a handle.

enraeh,any hope that anyone of the "Three wise men" will respond to your progressive ideas in the near future is in doubt---------
unless of course your inclined to kiss some booty ,agree with them & wrap your arms around a tree.

(" but I will keep the faith and hope he responds to my progressive ideas in the near future! ")

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back