Pack out pics

Pack out pics are my favorite and packing out may be my favorite type of suck! This did make me realize I've packed a ton of animals out and no photos to look back on. I gotta change that.
FB_IMG_1661635338797.jpgFB_IMG_1661635419972.jpg
One of my favorite and honestly hardest pack outs , tundra is no joke. 30 miles off the haul road Alaska
FB_IMG_1661635375744.jpgFB_IMG_1661635386246.jpg
One of the easier pack outs the boat was about 50 yards away. Interior Alaska
FB_IMG_1661635552048.jpgFB_IMG_1661636575032.jpg
A few of many Montana muleys packed out. Really regret not getting photos of more.
FB_IMG_1661635917946.jpg
Virginia wilderness whitetail getting ready to head the 4 miles out.

Brent, looks like a 70's Alpenlite pack?
You have the era right and probably the frame name. I have forgotten who made it for sure. Might be Alpenlite, or Sun something?. The pack was a Frostline kit my sister made. It works okay for hauling things like whole antelopes, but I have a SO Peregrine now that is much nicer for boned out animals.

I'm surprised that the whole wrap around frame thing has died out completely. They actually work pretty well as external frame packs go.

You have the era right and probably the frame name. I have forgotten who made it for sure. Might be Alpenlite, or Sun something?. The pack was a Frostline kit my sister made. It works okay for hauling things like whole antelopes, but I have a SO Peregrine now that is much nicer for boned out animals.

I'm surprised that the whole wrap around frame thing has died out completely. They actually work pretty well as external frame packs go.
Ah - Frostline. Remeber it well. Likely an Alpenlite frame with a kit packbag. Yeah, I'm still of the opinion that a well-deigned external frame is far better packing heavy weight than any internal or hybrid.

Back