OYOA hunts Montana elk

This is awesome. I have fond memories of my first elk and my dad was there with me. I thought he was crazy being how excited he was. To this day, I've never seen my dad like that and is something I will always cherish and never forget.

Well done Fin Family :)

Nice, Can't wait for the show. Just a question, how many trips does it take the helo to get everyone and two elk out of there?

One trip per elk, then three trips for the four guys and all our gear.

It results in a cost of about $700 per guy. The fewer the guys, the less gear (especially if you are not filming), the fewer trips. The price per guy usually ends up about the same, whether we go in with three or four guys, counting the camera guys.

Awesome job, congrats to you both Matthew and Randy! Those are the hunts that make memories you can relive for a lifetime! Nothing better than that experience with father and son.

Nice bulls guys! You've put in plenty of time and effort, you've earned a few easier ones.

Great story. My smile while I read this was almost as big as yours. I have hunted with my kids and really treasure those memories - I am hoping to do the same with my grandchildren.

Two excellent bulls - that 2nd bull was definitely a fighter!

I is really satisfying when you get that bit of luck, but this still involved a lot of effort and skill. Congratulations to all.

Last edited:
That is awesome Randy... Congratulations! And yeah, with the matchers...that bull would have been just fine!!! (still is...but you know what I'm saying!)

Great story! Glad you and Matt are able to share that kind of event together. I miss my Dad most in the fall...

Congrats to you both! I know you said it was a long walk over there,but that had to be a great
hunt to see all those elk with your son.Cant wait to see the episode.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nomps
Back