Yeti GOBOX Collection

OYOA hunts Montana elk

Awesome hunt for you and your son. As much hunting as my dad and I have done together we've never actually been together when one or the other has harvested an elk, someday though I hope. Truly amazing how busted up a lot of the bulls seem to be in that area; how high do you figure the bull:cow ratio is?

Super cool! Congrats! After all the hard work you've put in and hard times when a camera is in tow, I'm glad this one, with Matthew along, turned out so well.

....... That is going to be one incredible episode, can't wait....

I would agree with that. For two reasons.

First, is just the wave of elk that was all around us. I am not sure if it will come across on TV to be as cool as it was to be there, but I have never seen anything on TV that was even close to such a large herd of elk mingling among the hunters.

Second, we have tried something new on the last two episodes. During a stalk, just have one camera rolling non-stop to capture the entire sequence, hunters, other camera, animals, running and planning, you name it. Obviously, we can't fit the hour and a half of running and moving into a half hour episode, but I think that is a format that will give a new perspective.

We have had one camera off to the side, filming hunters and cameraman, showing you how much of a fire drill it is to coordinate the hunting and the filming. Our show has never been big on re-enactments, other than if some issue came up in getting captured live. In this episode, we have no re-enactments, knowing how cool it was for the second camera to be in our faces getting the chaos that was unfolding.

I have always thought that showing it as close to how it happened is more compelling, even if the scenes are not set up and shot perfectly. This season will take that to a new level. We previewed some of the footage yesterday and it is very cool. Hopefully when it comes out of the edit room, it will convey how cool this really was.

Is he the one that moved to Erie? If so, he chose a good week to be out of town.

I heard on the news that Sandy produced 15-20' waves on the lake.

Yeah, he knows when to "get out of Dodge." Nothing against Erie, but a week of hunting back home in Montana is a little more pleasurable than sitting out the remnants of a Hurricane.

And, things like this to serve as his reminder of how cool it would be if his employer transferred him somewhere closer to Bozeman.

Nice, Can't wait for the show. Just a question, how many trips does it take the helo to get everyone and two elk out of there?

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TXTad
Back