Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Outdoor TV hosts (again)

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
I am off to Nashville for the NRA show and I thought this would be a timely topic to post, given how many TV folks get asked to be at these gigs.

http://www.cdapress.com/news/local_news/article_79030205-faec-57e6-84fb-5ad6d3258928.html

It seems that Outdoor TV is in a race to the bottom. Not sure who is going to get there first, but it seems these kind of reports are a bi-weekly journal of the ability of outdoor TV to get the public image of hunting to the lowest common denominator. Unfortunately, they always seem to get nothing more than a slight reprimand.

Some TV hosts will do anything to harvest an animal otherwise they feel they do not have a show. In many cases the quality of the show even if they harvest an animal is still very subpar. Kudos to yourself, Mr. Newberg, and a few other shows like Meateater who do not have to harvest an animal every show to produce a great show, but have instead found ways to show hunting for the adventure and camaraderie that it truly is!

What people will do in the pursuit of fame and fortune is unbelievable. It really paints hunting in a bad light, which is too bad because most of us do it the right way and earn our game.

The bad apples get the most press unfortunately. Google search turned up this photo....I am guessing this is her archery....uh.....truck buck.

Attachments

• 170_170_csupload_56077336.jpg
    170_170_csupload_56077336.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 656
It is too bad that money is such a driving factor in outdoor tv, and there is no room in the budget for enforcing some standard of conduct. You would think the networks wouldn't want hunting portrayed this way, but I suppose they have to sell time slots.

You would think the networks wouldn't want hunting portrayed this way, but I suppose they have to sell time slots.

It doesn't sound like it matters to him. From what Randy has said, a show producer buys the time slot and are responsible for getting the show to the air. The networks are just leasing space and could give two chits about content. Separate advertising for the network as a whole is largely irrelevant.

It doesn't sound like it matters to him. From what Randy has said, a show producer buys the time slot and are responsible for getting the show to the air. The networks are just leasing space and could give two chits about content. Separate advertising for the network as a whole is largely irrelevant.

That is how I understand it as well. What I meant to convey is that the networks are just so focused on selling their timeslots that they cannot afford to deny airtime to someone with a questionable resume or intent.

It's an embellishment for gain society. We have been numbed and dumbed IMO.

Wouldn't be the first time a tv personality was caught poaching. Seems like it's candy coating when called a violation of hunting laws.

I wonder how many laws get broken to have a kill on every show? As previously posted that is why I only watch randy and meat eater. They have a shows about a week of hunting with no kill and it's still entertaining.

If you actually hit a deer with a vehicle and then take a hero shot with it in the back of a truck so you can post it on your facebook as an archery kill, hoping to gain exposure in the hunting/tv industry.... you are ONE PATHETIC LOSER!!

How you could actually feel good about that blows my mind...

If you actually hit a deer with a vehicle and then take a hero shot with it in the back of a truck so you can post it on your facebook as an archery kill, hoping to gain exposure in the hunting/tv industry.... you are ONE PATHETIC LOSER!!

How you could actually feel good about that blows my mind...

Agreed. It is amazing the depths to which outdoor TV has dipped. I won't even address the fact that most hosts are only semi-literate in their diatribes on air. Except for a few, the hunting shows on TV are a sad narrative of what sells in this broken-down society.

Bummer.

Another reason why killing game and contests shouldn't mix. When humans compete, humans cheat.

Kind of funny she got busted from the metadata on her photo. When people post photos to the world they don't realize that in some cases those photos are geotagged. I've seen it quite a bit on instagram with people's hero shots.

Any more most of the outdoor shows are a Salesman with a bow or a gun hunting high fences.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back