Outdoor Expo Salt Lake City

Status
Not open for further replies.
@shrapnel seriously though

Regarding the expo, did you not apply for some chances at the Henries or pauns deer, maybe Boulder or beaver elk, etc?

Aside from the sight in tool - any other cool thing?

You had to see some crazy Utard action?

I’d go again someday under the right circumstances. I’ve never had a bad time there.
You can find what you are looking for anywhere you go.

I didn’t go down there to look at utards or people with white teeth. I enjoy spending a weekend with my sons and see what there is available at a venue not found in Montana. We went and had a fantastic time. I don’t need much anymore as I have accumulated almost everything I could possibly use. That doesn’t mean I can’t enjoy the show.

My oldest son bought a sleeping bag there at a show discount, tell me what is wrong with that.

While you’re at it, tell me what’s wrong with testing a sighting device that someone has spent his own time and money to produce.

I wore an old Coke vest and a Swarovski cap. What should I have worn.

I will announce the next time I plan on doing something so you guys can school me on proper dress and etiquette before I go, so I don’t embarrass Montanans when I participate…

So why not keep it to yourself and stop pissing negativity. I and others happen to like it. It is a joke, but that’s what makes it fun.
Besides being a joke, its robbed 200 tags from Sportsmen, mostly from the NR side of the draw.

Money is not accounted for, very little has went to conservation, and when challenged for an audit everyone has amnesia.

Go do some research into the dust up with Bigfin/Don Peay and the RMEF/SFW. How the expo was awarded to SFW through 2027 through pure grift, rule changes, and other smoky back room dealings, even though the RMEF bid was much better. The RMEF proposal included audits, where the money would be spent, and close accounting of every cent of revenue. I can hardly wait for the next round in 2027/2028 when the rules again change to make sure SFW gets the bid.

Yeah, its a real quality thing to attend and support...glad you had fun.

Besides being a joke, its robbed 200 tags from Sportsmen, mostly from the NR side of the draw.

Money is not accounted for, very little has went to conservation, and when challenged for an audit everyone has amnesia.

Go do some research into the dust up with Bigfin/Don Peay and the RMEF/SFW. How the expo was awarded to SFW through 2027 through pure grift, rule changes, and other smoky room dealings. I can hardly wait for the next round in 2027/2028 when the rules again change to make sure SFW gets the bid.

You should get a list of all exhibitors to boycott. You might be surprised a few of the items you use, the companies are slinging their goods at the show.

Anyways. To each their own.

You can find what you are looking for anywhere you go.

I didn’t go down there to look at utards or people with white teeth. I enjoy spending a weekend with my sons and see what there is available at a venue not found in Montana. We went and had a fantastic time. I don’t need much anymore as I have accumulated almost everything I could possibly use. That doesn’t mean I can’t enjoy the show.

My oldest son bought a sleeping bag there at a show discount, tell me what is wrong with that.

While you’re at it, tell me what’s wrong with testing a sighting device that someone has spent his own time and money to produce.

I wore an old Coke vest and a Swarovski cap. What should I have worn.

I will announce the next time I plan on doing something so you guys can school me on proper dress and etiquette before I go, so I don’t embarrass Montanans when I participate…
No problems with you having great family time, how much you enjoyed the show, what you picked up, how you dressed, etc.

But seriously that show is pfhucked. Look into it. Enjoy the weirdness. I may go again someday. Not nitpicking, honestly.

And I’d take some 210 primers. 🙂

You should get a list of all exhibitors to boycott. You might be surprised a few of the items you use, the companies are slinging their goods at the show.

Anyways. To each their own.
I don't blame anyone for slinging their goods at a sportsmen's show, its just business.

It also doesn't surprise me that the average sportsmen is fooled by the smoke and mirrors, bedazzled jeans, flat brims, and BS of SFW and all the "good" they were told this expo was going to do. Turning Utah into the "Serengeti of the West"...yeah, right, where's the barf bag?

That's really worked out for Utah, general deer tags for Utah residents now take points, tags all over are being slashed, elk are getting a pounding, etc.

When challenged on what good they've done SFW points to stocking non-native pheasants...wow, that's pretty cool. Glad to see a tiny fraction of the money doing such "great" things...

A pheasant farm, definitely worth sacrificing 200 top tags a year for that. They could have collected cans on the highway for the pheasant farm and kept the 200 tags in the draw.

Go do some research into the dust up with Bigfin/Don Peay and the RMEF/SFW. How the expo was awarded to SFW through 2027 through pure grift, rule changes, and other smoky back room dealings, even though the RMEF bid was much better. The RMEF proposal included audits, where the money would be spent, and close accounting of every cent of revenue. I can hardly wait for the next round in 2027/2028 when the rules again change to make sure SFW gets the bid.

Lay off you pretentious prick. The expo did no such thing. If there are groups or individuals that act irresponsibly go after them. I have never attacked your sorry one sided posts, stay away from mine.

Lay off you pretentious prick. The expo did no such thing. If there are groups or individuals that act irresponsibly go after them. I have never attacked your sorry one sided posts, stay away from mine.
Yes, the expo/SFW did...go do some research.

There were plenty of people that did a lot of digging into the expo, give Randy a call, he'll break out the crayons and explain it to you.

Or you could do some searching on this board.

Whatever you say...

I've often said that the wolf is not a canine, it is a bovine, as in a cash cow. SFW/BGF is proof of that on the side that claims to represent hunters. This corruption has been going on for years and if you search old threads here you will find the discussions we've had. Those of us pointing it out in the beginning got heckled by the loyalists. They were some fun jousts with the myopic crowds in Monster Muleys.

It will continue to go on, as Utah has not the spine to change anything. You can't buy a politician that isn't for sale and Utah has so many to choose from that it is a buyer's market down in the Beehive state.

I've given up trying to point it out to people. People either don't want to hear, or if they hear/see it they are not collectively willing or able to do anything to change it. We get the government we vote for is a commonly used phrase. Utah and its wildlife mafia is a textbook example.

The expo did no such thing?
Take it to your own forum and beat the Hell out of it. You guys aren’t attacking the expo, you are attacking my way of spending a weekend, and if you personally did the same to me, my sons and others that attended it, the outcome wouldn’t be to favorable to you.

Direct your comments to your own personal subject and quit being such critical assholes.

Take it to your own forum and beat the Hell out of it. You guys aren’t attacking the expo, you are attacking my way of spending a weekend, and if you personally did the same to me, my sons and others that attended it, the outcome wouldn’t be to favorable to you.

Direct your comments to your own personal subject and quit being such critical assholes.
Only speaking for myself -I’m only making fun of the expo. It’s a damn joke. If you can’t see that, I’m sorry. I’d bet you have never had interest or hunted in Utah? Just curious to that.

I think discussing the corruption about the expo, in a thread titled Outdoor Expo SLC is quite appropriate...perfect actually.

The hunting public has a right to know about such corruption before they support this kind of crap.

...and more corruption:

I think discussing the corruption about the expo, in a thread titled Outdoor Expo SLC is quite appropriate...perfect actually.

The hunting public has a right to know about such corruption before they support this kind of crap.
Why can’t you take it to your appointed righteous neighborhood and go with it. You can’t be that stupid to pretend you are informing anyone, when your only purpose here it to discredit my weekend.

Don’t keep up your pathetic attempt to warn the public at my expense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back