Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Outdoor Expo Salt Lake City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah the people watching. Did you notice the gaggles of dudes with pearl white teeth from overdoing Crest white-strips, the pearl beads on men's jeans back pockets, the EXCELLENT finely trimmed LONG beards, tight MMA fight shirts
Deadly accurate. I have also never seen more curly mullets under a flat brim hat with mirrored sunglasses in my entire life. Less MMA shirts though and more Sitka vests.

Hoping lightning strikes and a $5 permit makes the trip

You have to live closer than me.

I could probably pull up a chair at Sitka depot, sit in the Murray in Livingston, maybe go to Schnees, but driving to SLC to see some ultra hunting douches, is too far.
It's almost worth it just for the laughing...I wish Spitz would have taken a picture of gaiter dude. I don't want to believe a guy would wear gaiters to the expo, but I do.

You have to live closer than me.
I only went once a few years back and that was enough for me. I'm just saying the people watching was enjoyable. My ex wife was just blown away that people actually dressed that way. It's like Halloween here she kept saying.

I only went once a few years back and that was enough for me. I'm just saying the people watching was enjoyable. My ex wife was just blown away that people actually dressed that way. It's like Halloween here she kept saying.
Buddy of mine was competing in a calling contest last August. Over 90 degrees. Said there was a pair of guys walking around with there Sitka vests on.🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
I talked to a couple of guys that invented a scope sighting device that is supposed to work with just firing one shot. I was skeptical enough and name dropped greenhorn and they gave me one to test…

View attachment 263567View attachment 263568
They must know that I have to spend 3-4 bullets to get about right on the money after mounting a rifle scope. Is the retail of that more than $10? Was the guy at that booth wearing gaiters?

***edit

After seeing this

Actually there no way I wouldn’t be able to get CLOSER to zeroed after one shot with the riflescope/reticle I’m using, without clamping such an abortion onto it.

Last edited:
I’m sure a lot of money was spent and raised and we will see improvements to wildlife habitat and numbers of wildlife on the landscape. I wish I had my gaiters on today. No judgement here.

They must know that I have to spend 3-4 bullets to get about right on the money after mounting a rifle scope. Is the retail of that more than $10? Was the guy at that booth wearing gaiters?

***edit

After seeing this

Actually there no way I wouldn’t be able to get CLOSER to zeroed after one shot with the riflescope/reticle I’m using, without clamping such an abortion onto it.

Hilarious. So, the device, essentially, does nothing.

***edit

After seeing this

Not everyone is the pro at everything they do like you are. There are probably a million things that are patented and don’t suit everyone.

I told him I sight my rifles in at 100 yards then everything beyond that is a rock. They were nice guys and made a nice offer so they could get feedback on their invention.

So I went to the expo to see what products people might have that I would find interesting, listen to my sons compete in the elk bugling competition, shoot the latest Mathews bow, buy some Peak meals at a discount, run into other people I know, admire some nice trophy mounts, visit with the optics dealers at Zeiss, Leica, Swarovski, look at suppressors, see what bullet manufacturers are pushing, go to the food court for lunch, talk to the guys at OnX, pay little attention to what people are wearing and still managed to enjoy the expo.

You could do a lot worse walking down the hall at work and see what other employees are wearing and how overweight they are.

There is nothing in Montana that assembles that much outdoor related equipment and hunting opportunities. You will see what you are looking for and if you are looking for something or someone to critique, you don’t have to go to Salt Lake to do that…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back