Outdoor Expo Salt Lake City

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Greenhorn and @BuzzH - put the 2024 Expo on your calendars. Plenty of time to bedazzle the ass pockets of your jeans and to find a child’s size large t-shirt to wear. We are going!
I'm way too old to behave like I did on my last hunt expo visits. I was having a mid-life crisis back then, but i would meet up and spectate next year if we can plan it.

So why not keep it to yourself and stop pissing negativity. I and others happen to like it. It is a joke, but that’s what makes it fun.

Besides being a joke, its robbed 200 tags from Sportsmen, mostly from the NR side of the draw.

Money is not accounted for, very little has went to conservation, and when challenged for an audit everyone has amnesia.

Go do some research into the dust up with Bigfin/Don Peay and the RMEF/SFW. How the expo was awarded to SFW through 2027 through pure grift, rule changes, and other smoky back room dealings, even though the RMEF bid was much better. The RMEF proposal included audits, where the money would be spent, and close accounting of every cent of revenue. I can hardly wait for the next round in 2027/2028 when the rules again change to make sure SFW gets the bid.

Yeah, its a real quality thing to attend and support...glad you had fun.
RMEF was there trolling! Utah also hosts RMEF Mountain Fest. RMEF should focus on how they could generate more money and quit the envy of SFW/MDF

Oh and Outdoor Retailer came back from Denver even after our Governor stated "We want you; but we're doing fine so we don't need you".

Accept Utah "Is The Place".

P
RMEF was there trolling! Utah also hosts RMEF Mountain Fest. RMEF should focus on how they could generate more money and quit the envy of SFW/MDF

Oh and Outdoor Retailer came back from Denver even after our Governor stated "We want you; but we're doing fine so we don't need you".

Accept Utah "Is The Place".
I can't think of anything much worse than living in Utah.

Whatever Utah citizens decide to do with their wildlife resource is up to them. When SFW/BGF started using those tag raffle/auction proceeds to screw things up in other states, then it got my attention. Until SFW tried to kill our wolf delisting, what they did with the tags Utah's elected leaders handed to them was less of a concern to me.

For those who weren't around when SFW/BGF was screwing over the hunters of other states, here is a synopsis. Not my words, the NRA's words when SFW was caught trying to stop wolf delisting in Montana, Idaho, and Wyoming. Fortunately, a month later we got the delisting we had been working for, even with SFW/BGF trying to kill it.

I still take heed to the bolded paragraph at the end. The same people involved at that time, and the person specifically mentioned in the second and third sentences of the second paragraph, still have their hands on the wheel.

NRA, SCI, and CSF Disavow Misleading Press Release

Today the National Rifle Association, Safari Club International and the Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation publicly disavowed a misleading press release distributed on Friday, March 11th to congressional offices and other outlets. The press release blatantly misrepresents the position of these organizations regarding legislation to delist gray wolves under the Endangered Species Act.

The draft release was circulated by an individual representing Sportsmen for Fish and Wildlife and Big Game Forever. The individual representing these two groups was immediately advised to remove the aforementioned organizations named in the release. Unfortunately, he did not, and the release was transmitted without correcting the inaccurate information.

The release in question claimed that the NRA, SCI and CSF along with the other organizations listed below are opposed to language relating to the delisting of gray wolves in spending legislation currently pending before the U.S. Congress. In fact, these organizations support that language, as well as every other measure that has been introduced in the U.S. House and Senate to date addressing this important issue.

Congressional offices and members of the media should exercise caution in accepting as fact, or repeating, any claims made by Sportsmen for Fish and Wildlife, Big Game Forever or any person claiming to represent them. Due to the blatant misrepresentation contained in the press release circulated by these two groups, any claims they make in the future should be thoroughly investigated and independently confirmed.

NRA Federal Affairs
Jeff Freeman
Senior Federal Lobbyist
[email protected]
410 First Street S.E.
2nd Floor
Washington, D.C. 20003
tel: 202.651.2568
fax: 202.651.2577

Carry on ......

Never been to this show due to living in Pa but we have a big one going on now in Harrisburg
They are all probably alike I dont go very often unless I need to look at some gear before I buy it and its their. I am always amazed with the folks that wear their hunting camo or gear boots ect mine are for hunting not a fashion statement to each their own

$FW is a parasite, plain and simple.

At nearly every Utah wildlife board meeting, some joker from $FW will stand and say “$FW supports the recommendations,” after every proposal. It doesn’t take too many brain cells to see which groups are in bed with each other.

The expo, while fun to attend for the people watching or talking with outfitters, has an ominous cloud over it. Years and years of misuse of funds, “interesting” draw results, etc. have been the norm. In my opinion, the expo and $FW have exponentially enhanced the sell, sell, sell mentality for today’s wildlife.

Never been to this show due to living in Pa but we have a big one going on now in Harrisburg
They are all probably alike I dont go very often unless I need to look at some gear before I buy it and its their. I am always amazed with the folks that wear their hunting camo or gear boots ect mine are for hunting not a fashion statement to each their own
Does the Harrisburg show auction of tags that for the most people are once in a lifetime at best and then give the proceeds from many of the tags to a "hunting" origination that at its core is nothing more than a front group for those that want all hunting to go to the highest bidder?

You were. Randy left early like the responsible parent he is and we stayed out and terrorized Vegas. I remember trying to talk with his son Mathew but I had no voice left from shouting over the Nudges volume. That was a fun few days for sure. I remembered you giving Cam H some shit that night. I was more focused on Louise Shockey and Tiffany. I bet they remember me but jus won't admit it.
So as grown ass 40 year old men you guys got black out drunk and walked around a hunting convention heckling the vendors and you’re saying the other people are the bad guys?

I just figured out one of those famous guys^^ lives a few houses down.
Feel good moment.🤣🤣🤣🤣
yea we have couple in Belgrade. Yelled at his shitty dog for charging and growling at us as we walked down the sidewalk. Real tough guy.

• Haha
Reactions: Hem
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Openseason44
Back