Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Outdoor Expo Salt Lake City

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve attended the expo in years past, but I go into with a certain product I want to look at. If I have time and nothing else to do I’ll run down and throw in for a couple tags and sheep hunts on Saturday. This year it wasn’t an option as I had other things planned. I don’t care for the SFW but my biggest problem is things like this:

View attachment 263652
Imagine being a grown ass man and making a shirt about another grown man….he’s probably still trying to get that taste out of his mouth…
I just figured out one of those famous guys^^ lives a few houses down.
Feel good moment.🤣🤣🤣🤣

I’m honestly hoping the TWS employee is there as just a “person” and not there as a tws representative or professionally. I’d hope tws would easily see how problematic the expo is with regards to the North American model

But back to topic. Never been to a show. Never drank wine while wearing Sitka with my hand on another dudes ass while posing for a photo. Never wore Sitka for that matter. #bluejeanbrigade

I look forward to the expo every year. It’s a relatively short drive that gives me a chance to throw away some cash at $5 hunt raffles for tags that I’ll never draw anyway. Provides some opportunity to catch up with old friends and a it’s great place to people watch.

I did see a grown man wearing Kuiu gators as a fashion statement. Also fell in love with Ollin and gladly dropped $150 for the best phone /digiscope adapter I’ve ever fondled.

@shrapnel I stumbled into that same Sight In booth and was admiring a gigantic mule deer they had on display when the guy showed me his laser sight in device he wanted $150 for. Not a tool I’d spend even $20 on but more power to the guy for believing in his idea. There very well may be a market for that thing somewhere. I’ve got no idea where.

@Greenhorn and @BuzzH - put the 2024 Expo on your calendars. Plenty of time to bedazzle the ass pockets of your jeans and to find a child’s size large t-shirt to wear. We are going!

I’m honestly hoping the TWS employee is there as just a “person” and not there as a tws representative or professionally. I’d hope tws would easily see how problematic the expo is with regards to the North American model
Trade shows like this are often good places to hold professional meetings, as many of the players are in the same town at the same time. This was the 5-year anniversary of the signing of S.O. 3362 (which occurred at the expo), and there was a sharing of information about successes across the west in protecting migration corridors and winter range. Folks like Steve Belinda with Mule Deer Foundation, Matt Kauffman with the USGS WY Cooperative Research Unit, and Ed Arnett, the CEO of TWS (and formerly with TRCP for over 9 years) were in town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back