Outdoor Expo Salt Lake City

Status
Not open for further replies.
An interesting thread. I do not care for expo/shows in the least. Or bowl games or car races. Too many people and too much noise. WAY too artificial. Some folks go for the fakey scene and that's fine. I will say that I've been on this forum long enough to find it no surprise which HT individuals sing praises for glitzy showboat environments.

The only courthouse cannon episode that I know of was Kalispell late 60s early 70s. Those clowns blew a couple rolls of toilet paper to bits as well as some windows in the building next door (Presbyterian church?). The culprits, as I recall, were too drunk to get away. A couple of prominent kids were involved but can't remember exactly who. I'll call my brother. He'll know. I seem to recall Charlie Claire might have been one. And Moose Miller's kid? Claire eventually committed suicide by Shelby Cobra on 93 just below where the county landfill is now. The courthouse cannon was relocated to Woodland Park with muzzle welded shut. I attended MSU one quarter in 1975. I don't remember a courthouse cannon in Bozeman.

Interesting. At first glance I thought "What the hell, it ain't even gutted?" Looking closely I'm pretty sure those are anchoring spikes protruding from front hooves. Must be a full body mount of a muley landing from a jump. Helluva way to transport a very expensive mount of a very exceptional (and no doubt very expensive) animal. Clearly this Utard has more money than brains. Lots more. And then there's the URaskingFORanASSkicking license plate. There are many people in this world I know I don't want to meet. This guy is at the top of the list.

I picked up a shoulder mount mountain goat billy in my wife's BMW Z3. The mount would not fit in the trunk so I strapped Goatie in the passenger seat since I was solo on this drive. The seatbelt fit perfect.

Was sunny though a brisk winter day as drove from Flagstaff south to Phoenix so I dropped the top as filled up with fuel. Cranked the heater and tunred on the heated seats. Not too chilly for me. I drove speed limit and Goatie stared ahead out the windscreen with his snow white winter hair tussling in the wind. Got a few looks as vehicles passed and some would slow down to pace me as Goatie was very photogenic and on his best behavior as the former Colorado denizen took in the beauty of the Arizona countryside.

It’s been extremely common for sfw associates, expo sponsors and hunting “celebrities” to win tags at a pretty high rate at the expo
Same with a lot of the local conservation banquets around here. I used to be on the council for a local one I wont mention. But I was pretty much told to let them know what I wanted for my kids.

I only read the first and 9th page of this thread. I already know what’s in the other 7, yup! I agree. You guys are right. #nevergonnabeaoutdoorcogroupie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back