Out West Who's our Candidate for Pres?

For balance sake did you check out Mr. Dickson? I dare say that in any room at a fundraiser you will find anyone from a family like the Dickson's who have given lots of their own land to establish Reserves to people who would profit from the sale of Public Lands. And They will be Deocrat, Republican and Independants. And as for the Petroleum Club, it has been host to many Presidents and First ladies because of it's security factor. Plus they have a great steak! John

Not laffin, just trying to debate.

So you are in agreement that Romney hanging around with an ass-clown like Rodney Alexander is not a good thing for those of us who value My Public Lands?

Great.

Now, I don't really care who Dickson is, and I don't care how he makes his money as long as it is legal. I do care if he and the rest of The Petroleum Club are raising money for Romney so that Romney can sell/develop My Public Lands for his benefactors from The Petroleum Club.

And for those earlier in the thread who thought "Romney just needs educated" can now see where Romney is getting his tutoring; at The Petroleum Club with a GOP representative who supports selling My Public Lands.

Not laffin' any more.... :mad:

Well, stay mad and play in your sand box by yourself. You further your cause very little with your silly play on The Rich vs Public Land take over. I have tried to send out a positive message on what can be changed and what we need to change. John

I'm sorry folks, but I do not think the Republicans have a snowballs chance you know where to defeat Obama in November. The only way they will have any kind of fight is if the party and all other candidates pick a candidate to support, pool their money together and start the fight against the Democrats today. They need to become unified as a party and stop all of the infighting and they need to do it now. I am a registered Republican, but I support the Constitution Party. We, the people of this great country, need to make a statement against the BS that goes on with our state and national leadership by supporting a third party. Until enough of us do this we will never get our leaders attention and nothing will ever change. I for one am fed up with government control and bureaucracy. Either they want to take our guns, sell our public lands, give hand outs to everyone that cries or help every other nation before we help ourselves. I"M TIRED OF IT!!! America is not free anymore and the American Dream is just that!

Jose you sound just like my sister, She says that my parents were democrats and therefore I will always vote that way no matter what. Pretty closed mind wouldnt you say?

This whole debate is in a sense, unnecessary. There is so much political gridlock right now that even if ANY administration wanted to do something about public lands they probably couldn't. Even if they did its not going to be a situation where you wake up and all of a sudden your honey-hole is gone. It will be a LONG and drug out process, just watch CSPAN for 5 minutes and youll see what im talking about.

Now lets look at these federal lands, everyone is acting in this thread as if they are talking about developing some back country area in the middle of the Rockys, theyre not. There is so much other land closer to urban areas that they would develop first before moving into the sticks. From a conservation standpoint, one can believe that once they take a little, theyll just take more. This is true but look what our wildlife have been through in just the past century. Elk for one used to be plains game and now theyve succumbed to mountainous terrain as a result of western expansion and thanks to the RMEF and other organizations, theyre doing okay. Im not justifying the actions but am reminding all of us that we are all animals and are designed to adapt to new surroundings.

Thats my opinion and take it if you want. I have no credibility on this site i know but if working towards a poli sci degree has taught me anything its to step back and look at the reality of a situation from ALL ANGLES before going bat shit crazy on it.

Jose and Romney went to the same finishing school but Willard didn't sleep thru cotillion.

Jose you sound just like my sister, She says that my parents were democrats and therefore I will always vote that way no matter what. Pretty closed mind wouldnt you say?

I will likely vote a 90% republican ticket, as usual, just not going to vote for any Republican who wants to sell My Public Lands.

Hell, I was the one that went to hear Santorum speak to see what his stances were on My Public Lands. That seems like a pretty open mind to me.

Now lets look at these federal lands, everyone is acting in this thread as if they are talking about developing some back country area in the middle of the Rockys, theyre not.

The hell they are not, that is funny for someone from Nevada to say that they aren't going to develop remote locations. LMAO. You might want to spend some time roaming around Eureka County, Lander County, Elko County, White Pine County and other locations to see FEDERAL LANDS being developed.

You may be learning all about compromise in your work towards a degree, but you are sure missing learning about observation and reality. But, let's test your Poli-Sci knowledge. If you get a GOP Romney-Santorum elected who are currently making statements about selling Public Lands, along with a House that is controlled by the GOP with the likes of the ass-clown Rodney Alexander (R-La), and, if a few seats in the Senate flip, do you really have "gridlock" or do you now have the ability of Romney now to repay his benefactors from The Petroleum Club by selling My Public Lands to the Oil & Gas (and mining) interests and locking hunters out?

Here is what the rest of Nevada looks like outside of your dorm room....

cortez_nv_barrick_travis-rummel_400x300.jpg

barrick-gold2.jpg

What do you think the roads on this do for habitat?
mt-hope-map.gif

Gold%20Quarry%2009f[sm]_0.png

That actually furthers my point i think. Most of Nevada is public land (I think somthing like 90%) and it is extremely arid which means there are alot of areas with little or no game at all. There is so much open space that taking a little wont hurt. Thats why there are people like Oak and other professionals that research environmental impacts of development before it takes place so im sure it was discovered there would be no harm in that sense. And i guess the next question is that while your example is accurate its also in the middle of nowhere. I cant remeber the last time i heard of anyone going out to mount Hope haha. There are NO people here and thats why they can develope our lands.

you cant stop progress we arent living in the stone age any more.I realy appreacate Jose and his love of the land But there many issues in this election. If you dont like a certan canidate let them know why, maybe it will get a result and maybe it wont { most likely not } By the way I have learned a few things on Fox Network

you cant stop progress we arent living in the stone age any more.I realy appreacate Jose and his love of the land But there many issues in this election. If you dont like a certan canidate let them know why, maybe it will get a result and maybe it wont { most likely not } By the way I have learned a few things on Fox Network

Hosts of the event, which will be held at Shreveport's Petroleum Club, are Paul Dickson and U.S. Rep. Rodney Alexander (R-LA 5th District).

There are two levels of attendance at the event. Those wishing to attend the VIP Photo Reception and get their photos taken with the candidate may do so for $2,500 per person or $5,000 per couple. Those finding the photo op a little pricey can attend the general reception for $1,000 per person or $2,000 per couple.

Yeah, I could try writing Romney a letter.... Think he would read it on his way to The Petroleum Club to have his $5k dinner with a bunch of fat-cats in the oil industry?

I am just not that optimistic that Romney would listen to voters. I can think of millions of reasons why a letter won't get his attention.
Restore Our Future, the super PAC supporting Mitt Romney’s presidential candidacy, raised $7 million in January, topping off its deep reservoir of funds and allowing the group to flood media markets from Sioux City to Sarasota with some $14 million in advertising.

Jose, didn't Bill Maher give the reader a mil? Did the reader call and console Sarah after Bill called the Honourable Ms. Palin offensive swear words? Do you write letters to Barbara Streisand to pitch hunting to the reader?

All political partys have fund raisers Warren Buffet hosted one for O bama that was $28.500 per person, Obama had a birthday bash that went from $50.00 per person to $38.000 per person They all do it for thier own political ambitions

if Josies ignorance weren't so pathetic, it might be funny. from HIS post............

"The Labor Department said Friday that employers added 227,000 jobs last month, slightly more than what most economists were expecting."

"The nation’s jobless rate remained at 8.3% in February after falling for five straight months."

so, for anyone with even a second grade education, they can see that there was ZERO job growth if the jobless rate remained the same. switching one job for another is NOT job growth. no matter what this administration or Josie wants you to believe.

Obama is like The Health care bill Nancy Pelochi Passed When she said Pass the bill so you can find out what is in it . You wont find out what Obama 's agenda is till it is to late, watch out you might get something you really dont want

Yes, the same Rodney Alexander R-La that in July 2010 introduced an amendment to eliminate the Conservation Stewardship Program. Yep, that is a guy that cares about hunting and should be good to help Romney raise money from The Petroleum Club.

LMAO
You might want to do a bit of fact checking on what that program entails. Past comments you've made regarding ag subsidies (IIRC the term you like is welfare) makes me believe that you are very ignorant of this program. But, hey, the way it's titled it sounds like he was wanting to end something you'd support, right? Laffin'

This whole debate is in a sense, unnecessary. There is so much political gridlock right now that even if ANY administration wanted to do something about public lands they probably couldn't. Even if they did its not going to be a situation where you wake up and all of a sudden your honey-hole is gone. It will be a LONG and drug out process, just watch CSPAN for 5 minutes and youll see what im talking about.

Now lets look at these federal lands, everyone is acting in this thread as if they are talking about developing some back country area in the middle of the Rockys, theyre not. There is so much other land closer to urban areas that they would develop first before moving into the sticks. From a conservation standpoint, one can believe that once they take a little, theyll just take more. This is true but look what our wildlife have been through in just the past century. Elk for one used to be plains game and now theyve succumbed to mountainous terrain as a result of western expansion and thanks to the RMEF and other organizations, theyre doing okay. Im not justifying the actions but am reminding all of us that we are all animals and are designed to adapt to new surroundings.

Thats my opinion and take it if you want. I have no credibility on this site i know but if working towards a poli sci degree has taught me anything its to step back and look at the reality of a situation from ALL ANGLES before going bat shit crazy on it.
Here's some friendly advice, from someone who used to wade into these conversations in the same educational stage you are in. Keep studying. Listen/read lots. Type less.

Development will happen where the resources are found and has little to do with proximity to urban areas. Mining and O/G is the best example. Oh, and you might want to review the early distribution of elk, they weren't just a plains species.

Here's some friendly advice, from someone who used to wade into these conversations in the same educational stage you are in. Keep studying. Listen/read lots. Type less.

Development will happen where the resources are found and has little to do with proximity to urban areas. Mining and O/G is the best example. Oh, and you might want to review the early distribution of elk, they weren't just a plains species.

Thanks for the advice but im entitled to my opinion and will share rightfully so. Who are you to tell me not to? Likewise, how do you know they will? If you can see the future as well as you make it sound can you tell me how much money ill be making in about 10 years? Am i going to have daughters or sons? The point is you caan't so dont act like you have a hold on development. Its all speculation so i was just adding my 2 cents.

This is one thing im starting to hate about this site. There are no real discussions or debates, everything turns into a dick measuring contest. SMH

This is one thing im starting to hate about this site. There are no real discussions or debates, everything turns into a dick measuring contest. SMH

ummm....have you spent much time on other forums? This one is pretty mild compared to some I am on.

Nemont

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back