out of state advice

Hey y'all,

So I didn't see a thing, but i felt like I got a lot out of this hunt. I learned a lot about my capabilities, and it was my first time hunting in real winter conditions. I was prepared, my gear was good, didn't get into any situations I didn't feel I could get myself out of. Spent a lot of time glassing and stayed warm. It was just too cold and windy, deer weren't moving around at all. I'm hoping to get the same tags this year and the landowner invited me back, so hopefully I'll be able to make it happen this fall.

I was hunting out west and hadn't checked in with anyone for a week. I was recently divorced and it didn't seem important. Well, one of the daughters got all worried and convinced the ex to call in a missing persons report. I had got to the top of a mountain and made a call to said daughter. She informed me that there was a search party out looking for me. I immediately called the local sheriff and reported in safe and sound, apologizing for the unneeded effort people were putting in on my behalf. They had only been at the search for an hour so that lucky I had called then. I learned a few things in this. Call people more than you think you should so they don't get all wound up. People do not really listen to what you are saying. Write it down so they can reference it later. Upon thinking I was in peril, they called my ex-brother in law as they figured he knew where I was hunting at. I had talked to him about hunting this area and the success I was having. He had the search team looking 100 miles away. I just try to call more often now. I hope you do well and enjoy your hunt. Remember to be careful and think things through.
I brought along a satellite device, so I was able to check in with everyone. My family would never forgive me if I didn't check in at least every 24hrs :ROFLMAO:

Hey y'all,

So I didn't see a thing, but i felt like I got a lot out of this hunt. I learned a lot about my capabilities, and it was my first time hunting in real winter conditions. I was prepared, my gear was good, didn't get into any situations I didn't feel I could get myself out of. Spent a lot of time glassing and stayed warm. It was just too cold and windy, deer weren't moving around at all. I'm hoping to get the same tags this year and the landowner invited me back, so hopefully I'll be able to make it happen this fall.
Well done young lady. Well done indeed!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back