Caribou Gear

Otown hits another Milestone...

Moosie

Grand poopa
Actually 2. Yesterday he recieved his Board of Review and became an Eagle scout at the age of 13, and today he turns 14.

Just wondering what the percentage or Eagle scouts have it by age 13 ?

Congrats Kid and Happy B-day today !!!!!

WTG Little Man, I know you must be so proud of him Moosie. It is so great that he leads the way with the Moosie Troop! Congrats Otown! John

Congrats to O town. We call certain areas in Utah and Idaho "Eagle machines" They have very dedicated leaders who eat sleep and drink scouting and that sure helps to get the kids through quickly. Not too many by age 13. Those boards of reviews are fun aren't they Otown?:D Like your sitting in the OJ trial. Congrats on a huge accomplishment! and Happy Birthday!!!!

What a sterling example of son and big brother. Good on you Moosie...keep the reports coming, always nice to hear.

Nice work Oscar III. He's quite an example to all.

Our oldest is 14 and only needs to complete his project....but he is quickly getting distracted by sports, school, girls, etc.....focus young man, focus!

Congrats and Happy Birthday to Otown. Glad to know we still have some kids out there not glued to video games.

Welcome to the club little man! I was 90% of the way to eagle by that age, but lost interest. Was able to finish it up just before I turned 18. Turned out to be a good move as Uncle Sam will actually give you some rank and a pay raise if you decide to enlist.,

Elkwhisper

Congrats to Little O on the accomplishment. In my experience and working with the scouts, if you don't get it by the time you are 14 it is way tough to get them excited to have it finished by the time they turn 18. I can't tell you how much it excites me to see these youngsters get it done early so they can mentor the older boys...it kind of pisses those older ones off!

Congrats to OIII!!!!

Congrats to O town. We call certain areas in Utah and Idaho "Eagle machines" They have very dedicated leaders who eat sleep and drink scouting and that sure helps to get the kids through quickly. Not too many by age 13. Those boards of reviews are fun aren't they Otown?:D Like your sitting in the OJ trial. Congrats on a huge accomplishment! and Happy Birthday!!!!
You're not kidding about the "machines" in UT. I don't know if it's possible to throw a rock and not hit an Eagle Scout there. :D

I never got into Scouts as the leaders where I grew up and the kids involved were L A M E!!

Way to go Otown and a big Happy Birthday! Way to go Moosie, maybe you should be a mentor to other parents. Wish I would of kept my kids busier but the youngest is a senior in HS and is really into sports. Way tog go once again Otown.

Congrats to Otown, that is a huge accomplishment. I remember when I received my eagle, I was 16. o do it at 13 is awesome. Happy Birthday to him also!!!

For some reason I just got called to be the new Scout leader last week..... Not that I like the youth, or camping , or any of that stuff. It was a "HUGE" surprise to me ;)

I wasn't able to sit in the review but heard some of the questions and some of his answers by some of the Board of review panalist, and it sounded like he did good. I had to introduce him and told them although I'm a counsoler for dozens of merit badges I didn't sign off any of his. He actually "earned" them. Being younger then 17 in an Eagle review I think you get scrutinized even harder.

He'd reply but he has a track meet today. He's running track to better his Cross country time. He's "only" running sub 6 min miles and thats not acceptable. Have to set he bar somewhere, right ? :p

The fun thing about deacon age and the young scouts is that they are totally interested in everything. If you cease the moment they will really go along with anything and have a blast doing it. They hit 15 and things aren't cool anymore and it's bugger to help them. You do well in your new calling.

Congrats to both of you. Eagle is a tough thing to get with all the distractions now days. Nicely done.
BD

For some reason I just got called to be the new Scout leader last week

My advice; hit the delete browsing history function regularly.

...same goes for the 'pan' archives

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back