OregonChris soon to be THE HUNTER FORMALLY KNOW AS OREGONCHRIS

If you work from home, want to live on 160 acres, and would like to hunt grizzly, sheep, goat, caribou, moose, elk, bison, wolf, and deer each year, dont limit your move options and consider homesteading 160 acres in The Yukon Territory in Canada.

The border is now open ;)

p.s. however, if you like large crowds and walmart, my suggestion is not a good one

If you work from home, want to live on 160 acres, and would like to hunt grizzly, sheep, goat, caribou, moose, elk, bison, wolf, and deer each year, dont limit your move options and consider homesteading 160 acres in The Yukon Territory in Canada.

p.s. however, if you like large crowds and walmart, my suggestion is not a good one
A little too rustic for the wife and I am going to be 52 here in a couple weeks I’m too old to work that hard ! although I used to dream of that when I was a kid growing up in Alaska, my parents almost did it when I was in eighth / ninth grade they had discussions about going out somewhere remote in Alaska and starting over and doing that I was down with it then I’m too old for that now.

You can still homestead? Seriously?

I looked into this a little and from what I gathered, the bureaucracy makes this virtually impossible. Show me where I am wrong.

My guess Idaho Chris......

Last edited:
You can still homestead? Seriously?
you can. 160 acres

I looked into this a little and from what I gathered, the bureaucracy makes this virtually impossible. Show me where I am wrong.

My guess Idaho Chris......

There are restrictions, requirements and time limits but it can be done. Several have, however several also tried and failed, but not because of the restrictions and requirements . Not even the hard work was why most walked away. The isolation, the weather, the short days in winter, far more wildlife to contend with that people who have never "lived" in the wild are able to contend with on a daily basis and I am not talking about the bears, wolfs and moose, but them also.

Surprisingly, more women have seen it thru than men. But couples have the best percentage of completion/ownership than women or men who are trying to do it alone.

Head up into the mountains, deep in the mountains and after two weeks think about being there 24/7 for 7 years. And when you do go to town, there are no walmarts, tractor supply, Bass Pro, Victoria's secret ;)

A little too rustic for the wife and I am going to be 52 here in a couple weeks I’m too old to work that hard ! although I used to dream of that when I was a kid growing up in Alaska, my parents almost did it when I was in eighth / ninth grade they had discussions about going out somewhere remote in Alaska and starting over and doing that I was down with it then I’m too old for that now.
I understand and wish you and your family the best wherever you move to--

you can. 160 acres

There are restrictions, requirements and time limits but it can be done. Several have, however several also tried and failed, but not because of the restrictions and requirements . Not even the hard work was why most walked away. The isolation, the weather, the short days in winter, far more wildlife to contend with that people who have never "lived" in the wild are able to contend with on a daily basis and I am not talking about the bears, wolfs and moose, but them also.

Surprisingly, more women have seen it thru than men. But couples have the best percentage of completion/ownership than women or men who are trying to do it alone.

Head up into the mountains, deep in the mountains and after two weeks think about being there 24/7 for 7 years. And when you do go to town, there are no walmarts, tractor supply, Bass Pro, Victoria's secret ;)

There are only a handful of lots available currently for application. None are 160 acres. This is the process......

Apply for planned land
Download the release package when agriculture planned lots are advertised. This package outlines the process and evaluation criteria. You will need to complete a Farm Project Plan that includes proposed activities and financial information.
Submit your application to the Agriculture Branch. The deadline is stated in the application package. There will be an application fee of $25 plus 5% GST. The release package includes:
the deadline for submission; and
instructions on how to apply.
Your Farm Project Plan is evaluated by an independent farm business consultant and evaluation committee. It's scored according to the evaluation criteria in the release package.
We approve the applicant that best meets the criteria in the release package. There may be more than 1 application for the same lot. The highest score gets the 1st opportunity to develop the property.
If you are the successful applicant, you enter an agreement for sale with the Government of Yukon. You pay your lot’s share of the development costs plus GST. This cost is stated in the application package.

There are only a handful of lots available currently for application. None are 160 acres. This is the process......

Apply for planned land
Download the release package when agriculture planned lots are advertised. This package outlines the process and evaluation criteria. You will need to complete a Farm Project Plan that includes proposed activities and financial information.
Submit your application to the Agriculture Branch. The deadline is stated in the application package. There will be an application fee of $25 plus 5% GST. The release package includes:
the deadline for submission; and
instructions on how to apply.
Your Farm Project Plan is evaluated by an independent farm business consultant and evaluation committee. It's scored according to the evaluation criteria in the release package.
We approve the applicant that best meets the criteria in the release package. There may be more than 1 application for the same lot. The highest score gets the 1st opportunity to develop the property.
If you are the successful applicant, you enter an agreement for sale with the Government of Yukon. You pay your lot’s share of the development costs plus GST. This cost is stated in the application package.
you might be right about availability. I will talk to her later today or tomorrow and pm you, a s I dont want to derail Chris's thread any further than I already have. Of course you also have to either be a citizen or permeant resident for a year-little stuff like that;) your right there are hoops to jump thru for sure.

One question Chris; what are you going to do when it is not raining all the time? Be careful, your web feet are going to dry out.
Missoula MT.

you can. 160 acres

You're overselling it to me at this point. The Mrs wouldn't go fir it, but man, all that quiet.

Boise, Flathead, Gallatin... It's all personal though nothing is going to stop it so I've learned to accept - Hunt Talk members hold a better benchmark for positive additions than some of these wild arse toons that have not quite learned how to...

So, if it's Montana, welcome! Could use a few more HT minded people and a few less of the...
An intelligent response—thank you!

Chris I’m thinking Cody.

you might be right about availability. I will talk to her later today or tomorrow and pm you, a s I dont want to derail Chris's thread any further than I already have. Of course you also have to either be a citizen or permeant resident for a year-little stuff like that;) your right there are hoops to jump thru for sure.
Oh you can’t derail this thread !!! I’m enjoying reading everybody’s comments, life is organic and it just goes where it goes

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back