PEAX Equipment

The cold 🥶 is coming

Hope your got all that wet snow winged way back cuz she's gonna be a brick wall now.
Pushed it all back and cleaned up the piles so drifts would be at a minimum later. Calling for -15 Sunday night last I looked. Weather Channel also shows 8 inches of snow in the next 48 hours! That stuff will be lighter and blow around. :rolleyes:

Montana typically gets this kind of cold blast once a "winter". I like it ... keeps some folks from moving here :). I agree ... "bring it". I prefer it snow a lot prior or during, because then, at least, when you look outside ... it looks cold.

Not looking forward to the 4 day cold blast old man winter is gonna drop on us this weekend. I’m gonna have to work on Sunday which is showing it to be the coldest day in my area at -27 ha. I’m sure some on HT are gonna be hit with colder temps. Keep the heater on !!!
View attachment 309653
I always think how lucky you folks are coz the weather helps keep the undesirable population under control.

I split and stacked a bunch of firewood yesterday. NFL playoffs and a pot of chili are on the agenda for this weekend.
I handle my firewood in early Fall, everything under cover and tarped. Winter weekends I stock my garage with enough firewood and kindling for about ten days, so we don't have to haul from the shop after work in the dark daily. This makes it easy for my wife or daughter to get the stove fired up before I get home from work.😀
Glad to see us getting some snow. Pointless to work if not being productive. Just finished roof framing in the nick of time.

Looking forward to some perch and walleye fishing. Maybe I’ll make it out to Hell Creek if the skiing doesn’t improve.

I handle my firewood in early Fall
Seems like firewood handling is yeararound. Ours is under cover also. 'Nothing like dry wood to fire up our cozy Vermont Castings soapstone panel woodstove. The next few days will burn some fuel to counter subzero temps.
I just hope the river stays between the high water marks this time. Winter 2012-13 brought some real concern to our place.

Frozen tree house.JPG

Seems like firewood handling is yeararound. Ours is under cover also. 'Nothing like dry wood to fire up our cozy Vermont Castings soapstone panel woodstove. The next few days will burn some fuel to counter subzero temps.
I just hope the river stays between the high water marks this time. Winter 2012-13 brought some real concern to our place.

View attachment 309744
What a mess^. Don't need that. Fingers crossed for ya @Straight Arrow .

The cold made the coyotes hungry. 4/6 with two near misses on the one coyote bait im running this year. Judging by the tracks the six coyotes I have caught in the last ten days hasn’t put a dent in the population yet.

Wish the market wasn’t so terrible for them this year. Lots of coyotes running around this year

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avidsomething
Back