OregonChris soon to be THE HUNTER FORMALLY KNOW AS OREGONCHRIS

Zortman might be on fire right now, so I’d factor that into your plans.
A fire 🔥 would be horrible, That is one of the things that I’ve enjoyed about living in the coast range out here in northwest Oregon, is it’s so wet through most parts of the year that when a Fire does start it doesn’t spread very fast and they get it out pretty quick , generally in the few days it’s under control and they mop it up , unlike a lot of the eastern part of Oregon and the rest of the country.

With you relocating I'm assuming you'll have several adventures exploring new areas and likely require assistance from members of this forum to help you identify things you find lying around.

With you relocating I'm assuming you'll have several adventures exploring new areas and likely require assistance from members of this forum to help you identify things you find lying around.
Yes Sir , my plan is once I get settled and say where we’ve settled , I’ll have all the locals in that area PM me and we’ll exchange cell numbers so they can all send me ONX location markers and secret trails …. Etc etc etc …. 🤣 My plan is coming together beautifully
CD29CC22-64E6-48E1-99F1-C66F672FEB0C.jpeg

But on a serious note we’re moving for a lot of reasons the outdoor lifestyle is just a bonus, hunting and the outdoors is the farthest thing from my mind right now.

The wife is moved in and settled !

she has things to drink
View attachment 194598

Her Bucks to look at
View attachment 194599

and a picture of us in the living room above the couch, so she remembers what I look like 🤣
View attachment 194600

now I just have to impatiently wait for my transfer to come through so I can catch up with her !!
have I seen that couch somewhere?

logo721229391291450668609.jpeg

The wheels have begun to move on my wife and I’s relocation to ……… IDAHO , MONTANA , or WYOMING , Not ready to give up the exact state or town were landing in , My wife’s job just came through today and will be getting her over there in September and I’m hoping my job will open soon and I can get over there within six months or less . And when I do finally reveal our landing spot I’ll be expecting a lot of PMs since I’ll be a noob in a new state and you’ll all be offering to take me out on guided tours of all the honey holes and where to find the critters. Ha ha ha ha . But it is exciting I was born in Oregon, been living here for the last 35 some years , I was raised in Alaska and I’m looking forward to spending the end of my career and the end of my days in this new state to be named later. Also I don’t need all you hunt talkers knowing where my wife is without me and PM me with promises you’ll check up on her and make sure she’s doing OK while a I’m state or away ! Ha ha ha

Feel free to take your shot and guess the state
That's great, born and raised in Oregon and left when I was 19 to move to Alaska. I did spend a little time in California and Washington - forgive me HAHA. I love the Pacific NorthWest but don't think I'll ever be able to return there permanently. I am excited - I had plans to do a big Alaska hunt that got cancelled so now I'm bouncing down to WA to meet up with a friend who has a honey hole he has never hunted as he hunts the family property. My missed Alaska hunt and trip south was just what he needed to say 'SEE YOU NEXT YEAR' to the family and go hit his sweet spot for some Mule Deer. I'm hoping to start building points and go home to hunt with my Dad (Eastern OR so no OTC) in Oregon but we shall see. Hope the adventure is great and I'll throw up a little prayer your job comes through sooner then later.
Have fun and let the adventure continue!

How did I miss this thread? Congrats Chris for getting out of the O.S.S.R

If it's Idaho, change those license plates ASAP to a vanity plate. Folks like me assume any plate newer than theirs is an invader. We are usually right.
With all the new folks coming in, they have finally stopped call us, "those new folks" after 30 years.

No joke about Pack River. When my son lived on Lightning Creek, he used to get me moonshine that would run your lawnmower.

My Job transfer is official, I’ll be in my new state in about 2 weeks, I’ll reveal the final landing spot when I get there, a new year and a new adventure, but I’m really gonna miss my hunting friends and family, and of course my adventures in the Roosevelt Kingdom, I’m gonna have to come back in a few years and do an archery 🏹 hunt with the crew one more time fer sure
1640228395955.jpeg
1640228466222.jpeg
1640228608323.jpeg

Back