MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Ordered a Randall. Who else has one?

Geetar: What is your purpose for the knife? Is it to use, or to collect? Meaning will it ever come in contact with big game? Just asking. They are absolutely beautiful. I just looked at the site, and I would be interested in a few: 4,5,12,21,25
I intend to use it on every hunting, fishing, and camping trip I go on from the time I get it till I’m too old to do it anymore. Since I only have daughters I’m hoping to have a grandson one day by them when I’m much older and will likely leave it to him if that happens. I want it to be well used and a family heirloom that has been on many adventures that someone will later treasure and enjoy their self.

You know what drives the prices up on Randalls are the collectors who never even remove the paper from the blade for fear it will lose value. They are meant to be used, then passed on.

Never had a Randall. I used to own a beautiful Gene Ingram drop point. I was damn stupid to let that go.

You know what drives the prices up on Randalls are the collectors who never even remove the paper from the blade for fear it will lose value. They are meant to be used, then passed on.
Yep I collect no guns or knives. All I own will be used at some point.

@longbow51 kinda on the same note I feel like that’s what drives up the price of firearms like the Shiloh Sharps rifles. There is a two year wait list on those guns and there are guys that buy spots on the list and resale them for several hundred bucks over cost of gun and people pay it just to get bumped up. I’m glad with Randall knives once you put a deposit down its not transferable to anyone else. That keeps some of that down.

I intend to use it on every hunting, fishing, and camping trip I go on from the time I get it till I’m too old to do it anymore. Since I only have daughters I’m hoping to have a grandson one day by them when I’m much older and will likely leave it to him if that happens. I want it to be well used and a family heirloom that has been on many adventures that someone will later treasure and enjoy their self.

Love it. I have just never seen them. You may have stirred up a covetous nature in me, and I may have to do some shopping. Thanks for sharing!

Love it. I have just never seen them. You may have stirred up a covetous nature in me, and I may have to do some shopping. Thanks for sharing!
I just like the fact that they are still a high quality product made in America by the original owners sons. I think we have lost some of that high quality with the way we have so much cookie cutter machine made stuff now. Also there is a lot of history behind them. WW2 - Vietnam soldiers carried their fighting knives. There is over 20 different options for models. Maybe closer to 30. Numerous customization options also. Mine will look like the photo below. The only thing I added is my name on the blade. 249BA604-9E22-4F3F-9D58-CE3D57F9C8F5.jpeg

I think my attraction to expensive knives was fostered by the inability in my youth to afford them. When I finally purchased and waited for a Charles May it wasn't the big deal I'd anticipated. It was however a big deal to gift to someone who appreciated it. I still admire the Randalls and Mays but only buy and lose (or gift) tools nowadays.
Have you ever tried just taping a couple of Vickies together? ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jerrod12
Back