Caribou Gear

Ordered a Randall. Who else has one?

geetar

Today my brother and I both put our deposits on Randall knives. In 6 years we should have them. That’s a long wait but the list isn’t getting shorter. He went with a #3 and I a #22. Who else has a Randall Made Knife? Feel free to post your pics.

LMAO...nope. gerbers, esee, buck few benchmade's....some took as long as 3 days with amazon prime. Sure it will be a fine knife but dam thats a long time!
Jeff and I both have plenty of Gerbers, Bucks, ect. and my dad is a Case XX dealer so finding a knife to get something cut isn’t an issue. I even got one of those Gerber Vitals on the RMEF promo on here that is going on my elk hunt this year. This is more about doing something we’ve always wanted to do. In the “ instant gratification “ society we live in now it will be satisfying to get something after years of waiting.

Not in my price range, but I'm sure your family will cherish it for decades.

Can't speak to the knife but they look awesome! I guess I'm included in the "instant gratification" crowd and get blaze orange handled Knives of Alaska knives!

From the left, 1,3,4,5, and 7 are Randalls. You'll never regret it. Even if you mess up the blade, Randall will refinish and resharpen for a small fee. They don't for some reason, come razor sharp, but a few passes on a fine DMT stone will fix that right up. The funny look on the blades isn't corrosion by the way it's wax. May have overdone it a bit ;)

IMG_1385 copy.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
From the left, 1,3,4,5, and 7 are Randalls. You'll never regret it. Even if you mess up the blade, Randall will refinish and resharpen for a small fee. They don't for some reason, come razor sharp, but a few passes on a fine DMT stone will fix that right up. The funny look on the blades isn't corrosion by the way it's wax. May have overdone it a bit ;)

View attachment 149290
Beautiful collection. Thanks for sharing.

Geetar: What is your purpose for the knife? Is it to use, or to collect? Meaning will it ever come in contact with big game? Just asking. They are absolutely beautiful. I just looked at the site, and I would be interested in a few: 4,5,12,21,25

I think my attraction to expensive knives was fostered by the inability in my youth to afford them. When I finally purchased and waited for a Charles May it wasn't the big deal I'd anticipated. It was however a big deal to gift to someone who appreciated it. I still admire the Randalls and Mays but only buy and lose (or gift) tools nowadays.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seabee Shooter
Back