Caribou Gear Tarp

Opinion on MT Missouri River Breaks Special Rifle Tags (worth the bonus points?)

Boats and Planes are irrelevant anymore up there IMO, like muley states. There's a 1000 others with boats and what good is a plane going to get you? Unless you hunt a couple specific units and if you did get that tag I wouldn't be putting all my eggs in the "breaks" portion of it.......

Strong legs and horses are going to be your best friend and even then, it will be tough to find a true monster in there. There is a ton of elk, lots of bulls, lots of opportunity.....

Plane won't be of any help. In my opinion, the boat minimal. Couple ways to go about it. Locate a shooter before the opener. Pretty tough. Hunt the last couple weeks. Weather could be a factor. mtmuley
I thought if I draw we’d use it to fly the district in the preseason just to get a lay of the land and drop some pins. Not planning on finding one and naming it, because I am not retarded.

I’m applying for a breaks rifle tag this fall and will continue to do so, but with that said hunting elk in the Missouri Breaks is a hunt I’ve always wanted to do. I’m going to keep applying until I draw. If I don’t kill a giant that’s ok. Just something I’ve always wanted to do.

I thought if I draw we’d use it to fly the district in the preseason just to get a lay of the land and drop some pins. Not planning on finding one and naming it, because I am not retarded.
Hey, just giving info. Good luck if you draw. mtmuley

I’m applying for a breaks rifle tag this fall and will continue to do so, but with that said hunting elk in the Missouri Breaks is a hunt I’ve always wanted to do. I’m going to keep applying until I draw. If I don’t kill a giant that’s ok. Just something I’ve always wanted to do.
Sorry no NR allowed..... amirite Benny?

JK SC if you get it let us know..... hopefully you got 5 months of vacation in store for 22.

I’d recommend if you find a good bull I’d kill it as soon as you can. Window shopping isn’t a good idea up there as there are so many deer hunters that there’s a good chance your bull gets bumped and ends up miles away.
This. I’d spend the entire week before rifle season scouting and plan killing the bull you want when shooting light hits legal.

Edit: if I didn’t care how big of a bull I killed I’d probably just spend as much time out there as I could.

Last edited by a moderator:
This. I’d spend the entire week before rifle season scouting and plan killing the bull you want when shooting light hits legal.
And you better camp on that bull. And if you don't kill one the first two days, go home and hunt the last two weeks. mtmuley

Last edited:
Sorry no NR allowed..... amirite Benny?

JK SC if you get it let us know..... hopefully you got 5 months of vacation in store for 22.
I’m going to have a bit of time saved up 😏.
I have some hunts already planned. It should be a fun fall but I’d like to draw that Breaks tag! Lol

No I know. I was just saying I don’t want to be one of those guys who names an animal something like Thor The Hammer-Sword of Gondor or something stupid like they do on the YouTubes
If you find a good one with your plane name him Tattoo!
download (2).jpeg

Attachments

• download (2).jpeg
    download (2).jpeg
    15.1 KB · Views: 0
Back