Open invitation to hunt Maui, Hawaii

Anyone ever turkey hunt on the big island? Looking to book a day hunt with a guide there. Have been looking at the Parker Ranch. I will be there end of March.

I'm new here and just joined because of all the Maui, Lanai and Molokai info. Rodney, I'm coming to Maui last week July and first week of August 2019, would love to hook up with you for a day or two or even a morning or afternoon! Art, I hunted with "Leon" a few years ago at the Parker Ranch for goat. Saw hundreds! Took a nice one with Leon's Encore .270. You won't find a nicer guy to hunt with, I still stay in touch with him every hunting season and exchange pics! Super guy, give him a call.

I'm new here and just joined because of all the Maui, Lanai and Molokai info. Rodney, I'm coming to Maui last week July and first week of August 2019, would love to hook up with you for a day or two or even a morning or afternoon! Art, I hunted with "Leon" a few years ago at the Parker Ranch for goat. Saw hundreds! Took a nice one with Leon's Encore .270. You won't find a nicer guy to hunt with, I still stay in touch with him every hunting season and exchange pics! Super guy, give him a call.

Thanks bud, I have a hunt booked with them and Leon will be the guide.

Hey Rodney,
I'm going through a messy divorce and I've been wanting to Axis hunt for a few years. If this invitation still applies, I would be interested in coming out. I'd also offer you an invitation to Roosevelt elk hunt with me on the Oregon coast. It's not easy, but bagging the "Ghost of the Pacific" is pretty awesome (and so is the meat). What time of year would be the best for Axis?
-Pete

Hey Rodney,
I'm going through a messy divorce and I've been wanting to Axis hunt for a few years. If this invitation still applies, I would be interested in coming out. I'd also offer you an invitation to Roosevelt elk hunt with me on the Oregon coast. It's not easy, but bagging the "Ghost of the Pacific" is pretty awesome (and so is the meat). What time of year would be the best for Axis?
-Pete

I wish you good luck in your quest for info, but Rodney last visited HuntTalk in January

Aloha,
Just want to invite anyone coming to Maui, Hawaii to go hunting. The area I hunt has goats, pigs, axis deer and feral cattle. Pretty tough terrain and a 6-7,000 ft elevation so does require some conditioning. Hunting is open year round.
Aloha Rodney,
I plan on being in Maui the last 2 weeks of April and was hoping to bring my bow and chase Axis deer and pigs for a few days. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated. Mahalo in advance!

Attachments

• 20190914_110344.jpg
    20190914_110344.jpg
    940.4 KB · Views: 12
Was going through some posts and found this one. We’re actually hanging out in our room in the Kaanapali Beach Hotel getting ready for dinner. Is this invitation still open?? We’re here until the 16th.

Was going through some posts and found this one. We’re actually hanging out in our room in the Kaanapali Beach Hotel getting ready for dinner. Is this invitation still open?? We’re here until the 16th.
Have you ever got a Hawaiian hunt license before ? Because it's not as easy as just showing up to buy one.

It is next to the Kula Forest Reserve. We don't have a lot of axis. There are some nice bucks (over 30") taken out every year but not like the quantities on the ranches. Small groups usually about a half dozen animals.

Note that I am not an outfitter, there are not charges or fees. I am just offering to take people hunting.
Rodney

You still hunting over on Maui?
Im from Oahu, and need to do some local hunting before I go on an African trip this April. Just need a chance to take some longer shots at animals, I’m pretty much limited to the 100 range over here at Koko Head.
I have a friend with a truck over in Lahaina, so place to stay and transportation is taken care of.
Would love to take you up in your offer if your still willing!
Aloha
Lee
[email protected]

Rodney

You still hunting over on Maui?
Im from Oahu, and need to do some local hunting before I go on an African trip this April. Just need a chance to take some longer shots at animals, I’m pretty much limited to the 100 range over here at Koko Head.
I have a friend with a truck over in Lahaina, so place to stay and transportation is taken care of.
Would love to take you up in your offer if your still willing!
Aloha
Lee
[email protected]
He hasn't been on in like three years, so probably not...

Bummer
I’ve lived on Oahu for years but there’s very little hunting here. On the outer Islands it’s all about who you know, to get access to land.
There are a couple hunting guides on Maui, but they are crazy expensive!
Lanai, has a season but car rentals are difficult over there.

Hey Rodney, I tried reaching you a couple years ago. Glad to see you’re back on HT.

I go to Maui every year. My brother in law born and raised in Kihei. All his family still there. I’ll be there 9/30/22-10/8/22. I would love to take my bow and tag along.

🤙🏻
Ryan

Hey Rodney, I tried reaching you a couple years ago. Glad to see you’re back on HT.

I go to Maui every year. My brother in law born and raised in Kihei. All his family still there. I’ll be there 9/30/22-10/8/22. I would love to take my bow and tag along.

🤙🏻
Ryan
I’m an idiot. Saw the new comments but didn’t see an updated response from Rodney. 😂

It is next to the Kula Forest Reserve. We don't have a lot of axis. There are some nice bucks (over 30") taken out every year but not like the quantities on the ranches. Small groups usually about a half dozen animals.

Note that I am not an outfitter, there are not charges or fees. I am just offering to take people hunting.
Any chance that this offer still stands? My inlaws live in Maui but do not hunt or know anyone who does.

Back