One of the Largest Threats to Second Amendment

Recognizing churches as an asset category as lacking fluid and predictable markets and therefore not accept them as collateral is not a discrimination basis religion.

100% agree. I've been on the lender side of that and also talked about it quite a bit with my pastor as they pursued a new mortgage. Churches are often just excluded as an asset class due to various inherent risks, just like the other types I mentioned.

You would think they would do business with the party that wants their business the most and not with the party who charges more and is harder to deal with. Problem solved

Energy companies have declined from being 15% of the S&P to under 3%. Welcome to America, where money talks.

My point was more that churches/religion and guns are protected by the constitution... energy companies are not.

I think as long as firearm groups aka NRA and manufacturers continue to refuse to acknowledge their image problem and/or address it these kinds of issues will persist.

I see NRA adds on the time on youtube and I'm just...

Churches are often just excluded as an asset class due to various inherent risks, just like the other types I mentioned.
In addition to the inherent financial risk, religious organizations and charities are often used as fronts for money laundering and terrorist financing operations. Banks are required to do enhanced due diligence on these as part of their customer on-boarding and transaction monitoring regulatory procedures. Which adds additional cost and hassle and makes them less attractive to do business with.

Not sure how we moved from gun dealers to churches on this thread though...

In addition to the inherent financial risk, religious organizations and charities are often used as fronts for money laundering and terrorist financing operations. Banks are required to do enhanced due diligence on these as part of their customer on-boarding and transaction monitoring regulatory procedures. Which adds additional cost and hassle and makes them less attractive to do business with.

Not sure how we moved from gun dealers to churches on this thread though...

@wllm1313 . . . . . 😁

How is this any different than this list of companies who have cut ties with the nra?

My point was more that churches/religion and guns are protected by the constitution...
Agree, but the "degree" of protection is constantly in debate. We set limits on types of firearms that can be owned, for example. And that protection doesn't mean a private company is forced to do business with the entity. My point is it may not matter. If investors don't want to buy the stock or bonds (bonds especially because it pushed up borrowing rate and cost of running the business) of gun companies, they may not be viable businesses without moving overseas.

I can see where it can have a deviating effect on a hunting or shooting sports production video company. Such can be a small company that relies on bank loans to operate. I don't know about @Big Fin, but I would think it would make life a little rough if they are rejected because of the video content or firearm sponsorship.

I can see where it can have a deviating effect on a hunting or shooting sports production video company. Such can be a small company that relies on bank loans to operate. I don't know about @Big Fin, but I would think it would make life a little rough if they are rejected because of the video content or firearm sponsorship.

It would be problematic. I would shop around until I ran out of options. When I ran out of options, I'd be screwed, unless someone saw a business opportunity and started competing banks, or whatever service business, that welcomed hunting and shooting sports. If nobody emerged, I'd be in a bad way.

Right now, we already have it with FB, IG, and YouTube. We get "demonetized" for certain types of content. Too many strikes and they close your channels. Not what I like, but their house, so I have to follow their rules.

It would be problematic. I would shop around until I ran out of options. When I ran out of options, I'd be screwed, unless someone saw a business opportunity and started competing banks, or whatever service business, that welcomed hunting and shooting sports. If nobody emerged, I'd be in a bad way.

Right now, we already have it with FB, IG, and YouTube. We get "demonetized" for certain types of content. Too many strikes and they close your channels. Not what I like, but their house, so I have to follow their rules.

I imagine you run into that one all the time.
1595449503441.png

My point was more that churches/religion and guns are protected by the constitution... energy companies are not.

I think as long as firearm groups aka NRA and manufacturers continue to refuse to acknowledge their image problem and/or address it these kinds of issues will persist.

I see NRA adds on the time on youtube and I'm just...

You get a lot of NRA ads? You must be watching some iffy stuff...lol

I get 75% BRCC ads. Actually bought some of it. Haven't tried it yet.

The fact that you can't show people where their food comes from is insane.

They don't even beat around the bush and call it "gorey" stuff, just straight up "food processing"

Even if we do butchering once the meat is at our homes, we get demonetized. Which is usually combined with some of our cooking. Want to show people how to debone a walleye, plan on doing it for free. Want to show how to trim up a front should roast, don't expect to have any ad revenue shared with you. Oh well, how it is and we accept it as the reality we deal with.

But, for right now, until a competing platform emerges, it is still the best way to reach our audience, regardless of the financial drag. And, given how large those platforms are, it is impractical to think that a more "hunting/shooting/meat/fishing/knife/gun" platform could ever emerge that could have even a fractional reach to the big platforms.

Even if we do butchering once the meat is at our homes, we get demonetized. Which is usually combined with some of our cooking. Want to show people how to debone a walleye, plan on doing it for free. Want to show how to trim up a front should roast, don't expect to have any ad revenue shared with you. Oh well, how it is and we accept it as the reality we deal with.

But, for right now, until a competing platform emerges, it is still the best way to reach our audience, regardless of the financial drag. And, given how large those platforms are, it is impractical to think that a more "hunting/shooting/meat/fishing/knife/gun" platform could ever emerge that could have even a fractional reach to the big platforms.

Meattube doesn't have much of a ring to it outside of a blue movie theater.

Just drop product placements all over the video. “We spotted this with our Leopold glasses and shot it with Nosler ammo and are cleaning it with a Gerber vital.”

Looks like just about anything you have on the video falls into one of the category in one way or another...

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back